Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by my Saturn dealership today to frop off the socket that was left onder the hood when the cam sensor was replaced for the 3rd time and I was talking to the manager there and he said Saturn is only making 5000 RL. No more after this year. Anyone else here anything like this?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Not true, there are 5000 Red Lines per model year. I believe that Red Lines will stay around through atleast 2007.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I heard the same this is the last year. And they did not produce 5000 04s its like 2500 were made.

·
Registered
493 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
Starting in 2007, Saturn's cars wont be made of plastic anymore, going to metal like other vehicles. No more dent resistent panels
I highly doubt they're made of polymer anymore, since my friend kicked a shopping cart at one today and it left a ginormous dent. I've been in four accidents involving saturns that had polymer panels and they never dented. They either cracked got scratched, or molded into a new shape, but never dented.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The RL's have polimer side panels. I used to work at a Saturn dealership, and to prove they were dent resistant, we would hit them with a 5lb. rubber hammer. Never dented one. My girlfriend didn't think they were dent resistant, so I punched my car. She screamed, and there was no dent.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
LoungeLizard said:
The RL's have polimer side panels. I used to work at a Saturn dealership, and to prove they were dent resistant, we would hit them with a 5lb. rubber hammer. Never dented one. My girlfriend didn't think they were dent resistant, so I punched my car. She screamed, and there was no dent.

i love doing that, i tell ppl ill kick my car if they give me a buck or two, its great......they think im losing out :p

i dont do it with this one tho, i did it with my sc2...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i will let them punch it as long as no rings they will hurt their hand before the car. As for the rubbermaid cars they will be no more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts