Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROFL, do not do this, puts the car into limp mode and you wont be able to hear your engine, LMAO! I set off every car alarm within a 120ft radius just with idle, let alone when we took it around the block to see how the performance would hold up. A simple bypass was no good, will need more work as a downpipe system if any of you are thinking that route.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
HAHA...oh setting off alarms...I love it. V8's with straight pipes...thats fun, anyways it's good to know someone has tried it and now we know what happens.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Tek said:
ROFL, do not do this, puts the car into limp mode and you wont be able to hear your engine, LMAO! I set off every car alarm within a 120ft radius just with idle, let alone when we took it around the block to see how the performance would hold up. A simple bypass was no good, will need more work as a downpipe system if any of you are thinking that route.

I should have pics a a vid later on this week, next at the latest. I bought an exhaust bypass valve with a remote control. I am putting it right behind the driver door where the exhaust makes the last 90 turn to the muffler. I'm running a pipe out the side on that valve so you'll be able to see the exhaust pipe from outside the car. With the remote valve, I can open and close it whenever I want from inside the car. I wanted to place it before the cat, and then I was thinking about before teh resonater, but y'all see what happens when you do that. It'll still be loud as hell bypassing the muffler completly, though

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
My buddy bought an '89 Taurus SHO, and the day he did, the exhaust fell off. We were cruising to my house a few nights later, and he blasted through town and I was behind him & it was just like this wash of lights and honking of horns - he set off about 5 that were parked close to the road. It was riotous. Why did you take the exhaust off, by the way?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
So you hooked it in, after the cat? Why would that throw codes? I'm assuming that you put it after the second senor, wherever that is.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just pulled the bolts at the flange and moved it over one. Threw a code and was very bogged down. We figured it was the O2 Sensor going haywire cause it was getting way too much thru the cat. You need earplugs to drive, haha. And dont even think about driving it on a city street, pulled over in a heart beat.

·
Registered
103 Posts
haha now you know what i'm going thru my neon se exhuast fell off to right behind the cat and man it sucks. i can't hear anymore lol. i don't even bother talking to my girl when she's in the car cuz of how loud it is. but it does scare ppl and rice away. (oh the most alrams i set off where 10 in a parking garage lol )

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did that. Even when we put it back to stock, light was still on after another battery disconnect. However, seems the ECU datalogs as it went away after about 3 hours.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm confused why the light came on still... if you're past the sensors, and far enough that air can't push back in and screw up the readings, why would the CEL come on? How far away were you from the rear O2 sensor?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts