Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving south on U.S hwy 19, passing Spring Hill Drive when i see this semi-stock looking "Graber" Orange Mustang Mach1 w/the shacker hood :) pull out from Wal-mart. I See a pretty blond in the passenger seat and then a Middle aged woman in the driver seat maybe 40 or so. I approch quietly in 4th gear around 50mph on the passenger side and give her the look. I knew and she knew what was about to go down, We slow to about 40mph. I think to myself she's done this B4 :confused: , and She gets the hit , I wanted to know when she was getting on it so i fallow suit and down shift into 2nd and were off side by side into 3rd and i pull in little by little having about a half a car on her into 4th :rolleyes: . I give her a lil flash w/the hazards and then she aproaches for what i think for round 2. She rolls down the window and gives me a thumbs up. Then she asked me if it was supercharged? I reply yes it is. She replys back" I knew it" I could tell, :eek: .LOL She didnt even know THE RED LINE was a prodution car.Hehehe :D Sleeper All The Way

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thats freaking awesome man.. our little saturns rock. I pulled into a gas station and there was a older fella across from me fueling up and told me, " dont usually care for saturns but thats pretty sharp ride you have there". I said Thanks, and its quick too. :) Thats bad ass that you got the jump on a mustang, i wouldn't of thought the redline could do it. Was she WOT?

·
Registered
173 Posts
True Dat, Those Stangs Are Quick But Ya Know...The RL Is ROCKIN!

·
Registered
595 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
From a roll, those cars aren't much. I don't think the driver had much to do with the outcome.

are u kidding?? these are mid 13 second cars..high 13's with autos. I think the driver had to do ALOT with the outcome.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
She was WOT allright!! Its hard not to notice. She actualy drove pretty strong not to long of pauses between shifts either. It was 5/6spd I dont know but it was prob her husbands car B4 he got the SVT COBRA. She drove well for a girl. Im also not stock.I have the header,port matched head and also intake, Bored out TB aswell.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was 2000 Body style. It def wasnt a old body style. I Run circle's around ss novas w/350's in em and 302 stangs like no-other. LOL

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not being cocky in anyway. B/c unless all mustangs that ive beaten are sucky drivers??, how can that be , out of the many styles ive ran not 1 was driven properly??? . but on any mph roll my saturn has beaten many stangs. All walks of stangs. Fox bodys new style old 71 styles and even a mercury caprice and a SVO. 2 Mach1's and a new 05 convertable. All From a roll. I cant help thats what they pick to race me from .

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say it w/me Ah-man!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good kill man. The driver of the Mach1 sucks though. I had an 04 mach 1 before my SRT4 and ran 13s out of the box. Machs are hitting low 13s traping about 104 mph. From a roll or dig a properly driven mach will eat up RL, Cobalts, and SRT4. On my first trip to the track with the Mach I ran a 15.1 because I spun through 1st and 2nd so driver error can happen, especially on the streets.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Huh, I dont get it? LOL Baggle? Anywho thanks for the input pocketviper, i understand street conditions thanks for your support. Thats why i gave her the hit, she honestly had a .5 second head start. then i played catch up into 2nd, closed the gap into 3rd gradualy pulled into 4th real good race tho maybe a mustang hood on her "in lengths" . whatever the start of 4th gear is , is where i shut down. I also couldnt see inside the cockpit to see a stick or not, it could have been auto but it was too good for auto and just right for 5spd. Driven wise that is.

·
Registered
595 Posts
With ur mods and her car stock we assume, if it was an auto...it would be close but i would say u might get that slight advantage. But if it was 5 speed she def sucked at shifting. Put some gears and those things are pretty damn close to 12's.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the intake mod, S/C Dyne header, Port matched head, Bored Out throttle Body. Stock Exhaust. And A Really Good Driver LOL. She Had maybe Intake, HArd to tell. If it was auto it had a shift kit. It drove to well to be auto/ 5spd sounds more practical. STock lil shine dual pipes in the back. Black wing,shackerhood,front/rear lip and side skirts. It looks like Graber orange to me and it was 2000 body style looks like 04 b/c no real changes between the years. I thought the hazrads would add a liltouch,ya know make her feel ten times worse since she got beat by the saturn ion. It was funny cuz she smiled at me and thought i was just gunna lose. Like "You wan me to beat you right".LOL

·
Registered
681 Posts
What's with the hazard flasher thing? The other night on the PA turnpike, I was coming home, cruise set on 75, talking to my mother in law on the phone, and a kid in a Ford Focus ZX3 with a wild body kit and fart can muffler, but stock wheels and tires, pulled up and revved on me loud enough for my MIL to hear over the phone - she asked what that noise was, and I told her "some kid in a Ford Focus ZX3 with a wild body kit and fart can muffler, but stock wheels and tires, pulled up and revved on me"...

She said (she's cool as hell) "you gonna take that crap"? - I dropped to third, he jumped on it (to no avail), I banged 4th and 5th, hit about 120-125 and left him SO far back it was funny. I slowed back down and reset my cruise control at 75, and after a bit he caught up to me - he flashed his hazard lights a few cycles while behind me, but never did a ricer fly-by - he didn't pass.

Still trying to figure out what that hazard light BS is about.

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.