Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I belive someone else had a similar encounter recently. This morning I was on my way to work, 1/2 sick, not looking to get into any high-speed fun. Of course, as I'm slowly weaving through traffic, I start catching glimpses of a bright fucking orange car cutting in and out of traffic behind me. Slowly, I can see this BRIGHT orange, lowered car come through traffic, get a clear lane and zoom up to me, then you know what he does as he passes? He swerves over at me, almost into my lane. So I think, hmmm... what an ass monkey. He manages to get himself stuck in traffic right away, and I just keep minding my own business. No more than 3 minutes go by and here he comes again, same thing. Zooms past me and swerves almost into my lane, of course this time I'm pissed. I jammed it down into 3rd and floored it, just as I did that, the car in front of him cleared out, he shoots into the other clear lane to the left and it's on. I don't know what was done to this car, other than it was lower than I usually see, had different rims, and I assume it was his BOV that sounded like a dying bird. I know NOTHING about these cars by the way. What I do know, is that from starting a car length behind him I was a car length ahead by 100mph and pulling away up to around 110 or so. At this point the toll booth is coming up, and I waited a full second or so after he hit his brakes to hit mine, which brought me into the toll booth lane about 5 cars ahead of him.

After the booth he catches up FAST, and wants to go again, I wasn't in the mood and my exit was coming up quick, plus traffic gets alot thicker after the tollbooth since that's the start of downtown. I gave him a 1/2 assed run from about 45 to 75, and was steadily pulling on him, looked over, gave him a good thumbs up out the window, I think he gave me a friendly 'nod' and made my turn.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
What's with the almost swerving into your lane shit?

It's like that asshat in the Focus SVT the other day who stayed on my ass then misses my car by about 6 inches as he swerves around me.

If someone wants to race, there are better ways of getting my attention than acting like a fucking tool and possibly causing an accident.

Good runs though Sp00ner. Sorry, just had to vent a little.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that was his was of instigating a race, I'm kinda mad that I gave into it, but sometimes you reach the 'stupid limit' of anger. The fact that I was sick was more of a factor, had I been on cold medicine, I never would have done it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I guess that was his was of instigating a race, I'm kinda mad that I gave into it, but sometimes you reach the 'stupid limit' of anger. The fact that I was sick was more of a factor, had I been on cold medicine, I never would have done it.

I guess they are true to their ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM...lol. I didnt know they were turbocharged

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funniest thing happens on the way home, here come another one. This one black, lowered with those HUGE yellow Evo-style foglights. Riding my ass after I picked up my roommate. Never got next to him, but it didn't sound anywhere near as loud as the one this morning. I gave the Redline some serious pedal coming off a stop light, he must have too because I could hear some kinda loud exhaust that wasn't mine. Anyway, I walked away from him pretty fast, and he quickly stopped riding my ass, or couldn't keep up. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
a mazda speed protege is a pretty sweet ride in my opinion.

i was driving through the country roads with a bunch of them last weekend.
they were nice enough to ask me along for some twisties and high speed driving.

a MS Protege has a turbo and a blow off valvue that makes it sound a bit like a turkey gobbble gobble gobble.......... but can pull like a mo fo in the corners.

some of the turns the MS protege was pulling ahead of my redline and i of course could gain ground on the straight aways but couldnt gain in the corners.

so my opinion props to the protege, maybe not though on the highway redline owns that catagory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts