Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I am replacing my ion redline Suspension struts and shocks. does anyone know where or provide a link for equivalent complete assembles for the vehicle? I'm open to pretty much anyone's solution. its just difficult because many strut manufactures make original equipment for the other levels of ion and are not orientated towards any sporty characteristics.

thank you

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
They don't sell a complete bolt -in assembly afaik.

You can, however, buy all the pieces from the dealer (or most of them online) and simply have a local shop assemble it for you. Or you can borow the spring compressor tool from autozone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Original torx head bolts on original hats actually. Lots of surface rust on the hats due to road salt but hit the bolts with lots of pb blaster and silicone spray. None of the torx head bolts broke but had to re-thread one of them. Tapped on the hat with a hammer and it didn't crumble and came apart nicely. Would prefer new hats but on a limited budget for suspension replacement so old ones will have to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I paid $390 for fe5 struts/shocks and the eibach springs all around. Like I said..limited budget. With the new mounts, lower spring insulator, bump stops and new body mount sway-bar bushings I'm @ $500 total investment on this current project. I've already replaced the lca rear bushings and sway-bar endlinks which were worn out @ 50k. I put slotted rotors and hawk hps pads on over 2 years ago and the pads are less than half worn but my brake fluid is original and severely burnt so replacing the brake fluid with valvoline synthetic dot 3/4 will be my next project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts