Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get an owners manual when I bought my car. The dealership finally gave me one but it was just for a regular Ion. Is the owners manual suppose to be Red Line specific?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I think there is supposed to be a insert for the redline. I never got one, but others have, I still have to get off my ass and make a stink about it.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It took a month of bitching to get the manual, so I won't hold my breath on getting the Red Line insert.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The manual I was given with my 04 includes information on the 2.2 and the 2.0 supercharged ions. It did come with an extra set of pages that were specific to the Redline. Nothing major, just some items they felt the 2.0 engine needs, I believe it had to do with the engine coolant. Otherwise it should be exactly the same as the regular Ion

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The owner manual I got for my '05 was for both the regular IONs and Red Lines. When it lists engine information, there was information on both the 2.2s and 2.0s. The customer CD that came with the manuals had a track on it specifically for RLs, but all the other features listed were true to both cars. I know the insert that was included was for maintanence/wear and another one for the advanced audio and all the different types of stereo options. I'll have to check next time I get in my car if there's any other inserts, and what specifically was mentioned about RLs in the manual for you. I don't see why the one they gave you doesn't have RL information in it since I'd think that they include the same manual for all ION cars. It wouldn't hurt to ask the dealership to get this manual for you, especially if you're not going to be the only owner of the car. It'll probably take some time to get it, but it's probably smarter/safer to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts