Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the coil pack a few months ago in cylinder 1 as I was having some very poor operation. Stuttering and jerking. Well this seem to cure it but now I'm getting an engine light again reading the code and here we go cylinder one misfire detected. As well as a p0326. I'm at a loss once again if anybody out there has a clue. No red flags under operating that I can tell In this moment. The AutoZone print out says most likely solution to be clean fuel injectors. I don't know but I don't think this is likely the case.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Try moving injector from cylinder 1 to another one just for ease.
Also the p0326 is a knock sensor. Could be the sensor. Or could be timing

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
How many miles on it? These cars are getting old and probably haven't had a full on preventive maintenance service since its seen a stealership

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
130,000 miles. Just under but...it now exhibits a new but alarming symptom. Started out manageable but got worse and worse. I would lose.....gas? Suddenly but for short ount of time. Would coast for 1-2 seconds and then be fine for awhile. Gradually increased in duration to where I could barely putter along until I got to exit ramp. Barely ran then stopped altogether. While I sat there for a minute somebody tried to help me and I noticey parking brake was up a little, pushed it down and it started right up and I drove away. Coincidence though because it started up again but not to the same point

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
May be the pump going out. Or the regulator.
Probably do for a fuel treatment and top end cleaning

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mmmm...I have put some stp in this last fill up. Sea Foam in previously, couple fill ups ago....is this what your referring to? Top end cleaning? Will google it.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Pretty much the same concept

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Try changing your fuel filter...

P.S. just lurking a bit a saw this. Just let mine go but 17 plus years on the car.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
And what kind of service would that include?
The service is high maintenance -

always need to keep it clean because performance is just that.

It is really a pain when we need to just drive the car everyday

High maintenance = ion redline

1 - 15 of 15 Posts