Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to a Pacesetter rep via e-mail today who stated that they are making a header for our babies soon. It is currently in R&D and should be out soon. With all do respect I will wait it out on Psi-dyne's and get these with a gasket and all that is needed cause I am like JPK and want that on ASAP. Build it and we will come!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ya know, 3, hell not even 2 years ago I wouldn't even CONSIDER a Pacesetter product for even my Isuzu, let alone my T/A...

But damn they've gotten their shit together these past couple years. Which is why I chose to go with Pacesetter coated LT's and ORY next month. They're a proven product, both in performance and quality for prices you can't beat.

It's definitely cool to see them becoming available for the IRL's. I'm very interested to see how they do with you guys.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I used Pacesetter stuff 20 years ago, and it was cheap junk, but I too have been impressed with they way they've changed their products instead of falling off the face of the Earth due to competition. A coated header is a great idea - I'll definitely look at it when it comes out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Really? I put some pacesetter stuff on my g/f's eclipse a bunch of year ago and it was all crap. I sounds like they've turned it around, though.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mostly just thin metal and poor welds...but that's really the welder and not the company. If they've done like most companies and have upgraded to either better people or robotic welders, the quality will be much better.

I wouldn't use a painted header in any application, I'd want it coated or made from stainless. My son's stainless OBX header on his Nissan 240Sx looks absolutely wicked now that's it's changed colors.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
TransAm52804 said:
Ya know, 3, hell not even 2 years ago I wouldn't even CONSIDER a Pacesetter product for even my Isuzu, let alone my T/A...

But damn they've gotten their shit together these past couple years. Which is why I chose to go with Pacesetter coated LT's and ORY next month. They're a proven product, both in performance and quality for prices you can't beat.

It's definitely cool to see them becoming available for the IRL's. I'm very interested to see how they do with you guys.
I have had the pace setter long tubes and ory on my firebird for about 8 months now. The performance gain is incredible (think 30-40 whp gain) and they fit really well. Unfortunately,howver, the ceramic coating on mine has begun to flake off. I was very dissapointed to see that as I paid extra to have the ceramic coating :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hmmm, the Pacesetter header for the s-series Saturn was absolute junk. Had fitment issues and everything. Hopefully their quality has changed big time, but for now I won't be the first to buy it because of their old reputation...

Tom

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had the Pacesetter's on my SS for about 6 months. Fit perfect, good welds, and a nice HP gain. Very nice for the money! :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Tom01SC2 said:
Hmmm, the Pacesetter header for the s-series Saturn was absolute junk. Had fitment issues and everything. Hopefully their quality has changed big time, but for now I won't be the first to buy it because of their old reputation...

Tom

yeah i hear u man, its gonna take some proving to do before i put a pacesetter header on my car. but im open, im just not believing yet, haha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^ That's how I was with their LT1/LS1 headers. I waited a LONG time for reviews before considering them, but they've proven themselves. High quality welds, thick flanges (thicker than most), nice coatings (some people had their's not last long though), great fitment (only issue with that is y-pipe to header sometimes, but not usually), and they tuck up beautifully underneath the car.

I dunno if they just got their crap together for our cars, or all their products, but I'm definitely sold on their stuff for my car.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
hopefully they do a quality job and use a 3" collector with stepped primaries...

we need a set of headers that anticipate the higher flow that the PSI kits will be providing us with.

it'd be nice if a company got the K&N CAI, the cams, and the psi kit, and then made an exhaust, header combo specifically designed for the flow they'll provide

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Pacesetter headers are pieces of shit. I dont care what yall say...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Where did this info come from? I was looking for it, and it's not on the website, this came from an email?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
dL_RL said:
Pacesetter headers are pieces of shit. I dont care what yall say...
That's fine, if you've seen it and know THIS one is. AEM used to be junk too... Honda's were cars for people that couldn't afford anything else, and so were Volkswagens. I've always thought Pacesetter was junk too, but you gotta check it out first. Hey, there's not much competition in the header field!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hell...

Saturns (no offense to anyone who had or has an old one) used to be junk. Some of them are OK but just recently has Saturn been able to hold its head up high. There are plenty of companies which have done a 180 in recent years. I can't wait for these to come out.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah i had a 97 sc2 that ran like a champ......ive been into the shop more for my redline than i was for my sc2 for 50,000 miles plus......

......granted, the redline has only been in for ecu tunes and tsb's and the recall, but still....

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Redline686 said:
Saturns (no offense to anyone who had or has an old one) used to be junk. Some of them are OK but just recently has Saturn been able to hold its head up high. There are plenty of companies which have done a 180 in recent years. I can't wait for these to come out.
Have you even owned an older Saturn? Obviously not. I've had five S-Series Saturns over the years, and they all have been great running cars with no major problems. I also know quite a few people who own older Saturns and they absolutely love them. If you think the new ones are a whole lot better, maybe you should talk to some people who work at the plant. Some will tell that the quality in manufacturing in some areas was a lot better on the S-series than it was for on the ion.

·
Registered
104 Posts
matt said:
Have you even owned an older Saturn? Obviously not. I've had five S-Series Saturns over the years, and they all have been great running cars with no major problems. I also know quite a few people who own older Saturns and they absolutely love them. If you think the new ones are a whole lot better, maybe you should talk to some people who work at the plant. Some will tell that the quality in manufacturing in some areas was a lot better on the S-series than it was for on the ion.
I sold my 94 SL1 after I bought my RL. Not that I don't like my RL, but I have missed my 94 ever since I sold it. It had 125,000 miles, still got 38 miles to the gallon, and had never been in the shop for anything other than a new set of tires. It was not what you would call a "quality" car, i.e. noisy, not really plush or fancy; but is ran like a champ and never let me down. The best proven car I have ever owned to date. If I can get the same reliability out of the RL, I'll be happier than a pig in S--T.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts