Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car down to get the Pacesetter headers installed. So I figured the were bolt on... nope. They had to do welding and the install took 4 hours. They don't sound too great and the build quality on them is half rate. There were marks and dings all over the headers from the factory. So I would give them a 2 out of 5. Definitely get the vibrant header/dp and save yourself a whole lot of time and effort. The ground clearance on these damn things is awful now also. I scrape every speed bump and my ride height is STOCK! It is pretty ghetto. So yeah, f pacesetter because their headers blow. Vibrant makes a way better product, and I am sure ZZP is way better too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love my pacesetter but i did a little modification and tig welded everthing together looks and sounds great with a big magnaflow muffler

·
Premium Member
12,221 Posts
Yeah, with any of the cheap headers available, be ready to "fix" them a little before you just bolt them on... The cobalt addiction header is the same from what I have heard.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, U usually get what U pay for man, with the exception of the new GM Performance 4-2-1 header for RL & Cobalt SS. It's around $300 but quality wise can compare to Vibrant. Why all the damn good parts always come out after I installed the expensive ones?

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
im in the market for anew header im tired of this cobalt addiction one i have and the noise it makes. whats this about a new gmp header? info please?

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
i get a tick when the headers are cold. sounds like a leak tick. the dp was leaking so i changed to for a diferent one without a cat. i love the way my header sounds when it is warm but i hate that noise when i start it up. i caint find a leak anywhere so im asuming that hte header is making the noise till it warms up? so i just wnana get rid of it for the headache.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
nope mine when u first start it.. sounds like an exhaust leak bu cint find any one

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
yup i dont know what to do like i siad i changed the dp and all gaskets and everything. the dp isnt leaking i dont feel anything around the header gasket nothing at all.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
well i have tried everything there is to try except replacing the header itself so thats what is next

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
everything lol.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, U usually get what U pay for man, with the exception of the new GM Performance 4-2-1 header for RL & Cobalt SS. It's around $300 but quality wise can compare to Vibrant. Why all the damn good parts always come out after I installed the expensive ones?
where is info on this header you speak of? i thought they only had a eh header

1 - 20 of 32 Posts