Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Pacesetter Headers Installed, What a B1TCH!

4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  87GN06GTO07IRL 
#1 ·
So I took my car down to get the Pacesetter headers installed. So I figured the were bolt on... nope. They had to do welding and the install took 4 hours. They don't sound too great and the build quality on them is half rate. There were marks and dings all over the headers from the factory. So I would give them a 2 out of 5. Definitely get the vibrant header/dp and save yourself a whole lot of time and effort. The ground clearance on these damn things is awful now also. I scrape every speed bump and my ride height is STOCK! It is pretty ghetto. So yeah, f pacesetter because their headers blow. Vibrant makes a way better product, and I am sure ZZP is way better too.

#5 ·
Yeah, U usually get what U pay for man, with the exception of the new GM Performance 4-2-1 header for RL & Cobalt SS. It's around $300 but quality wise can compare to Vibrant. Why all the damn good parts always come out after I installed the expensive ones?

#8 ·
im in the market for anew header im tired of this cobalt addiction one i have and the noise it makes. whats this about a new gmp header? info please?

#10 ·
i get a tick when the headers are cold. sounds like a leak tick. the dp was leaking so i changed to for a diferent one without a cat. i love the way my header sounds when it is warm but i hate that noise when i start it up. i caint find a leak anywhere so im asuming that hte header is making the noise till it warms up? so i just wnana get rid of it for the headache.

#14 ·
yup i dont know what to do like i siad i changed the dp and all gaskets and everything. the dp isnt leaking i dont feel anything around the header gasket nothing at all.

#16 ·
well i have tried everything there is to try except replacing the header itself so thats what is next

#21 ·
i plan on throwing it away trance. im want info on this new gm header also streetracer.....

#22 ·
yeah got a pt #? i haven't heard of this either. and this could save me some money. shipping wise atleast.

#26 ·
I don't blame you. I got mine 175 shipped (200 install :( ) and it sounds like a leak too. Must not be, just the garbage build quality of those pacesetter headers. Ground clearance SUCKS! I gotta get new ones. Sounds like I have a 1994 jeep cherokee with open headers. Its gross. Idle sounds fine tho its weird.

#27 ·
My apology guys, I glanced over this Vendor's website and it reads GMP header for RL & SS. I went back to the site to find part# for you guys today only to find out it was a Cobalt Addiction header. :mad: Conclusion is you get what U pay for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.