Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the haters hate, I know it's coming. I waited to paint my calipers and yellow is my favorite color, probably because I am colorblind. I'm not finished with the whole car, I am taking my time and letting the paint cure for 7 days before I clear coat it. Nuff said.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
please take no offense to this but i have to ask an obvious question? if your color blind how do you know its yellow? and is that "REDLINE" lettering painted or a decal sticker? what kind of paint did you use for this?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm "colorblind" which is really just red/green deficient. I actually got laughed at when I joined the Army cuz I failed both color vision tests miserably. Yellow is one of the few colors I can look at and know that it's yellow lol.

The REDLINE is a custom caliper decal I ordered off of the interwebs and I used VHT engine enamel. I couldn't find yellow caliper paint so I figured engine enamel might hold up, for a ill while anyways. If it doesn't hold up I can always paint them black and call it a day.

·
Registered
758 Posts
it should hold up for awhile on the calipers. also qwikredline (JP) does powder coating for calipers and has his brembos PC its something i want really bad just dont have close the $$ to buy. You should clean up the rotor and spray it black and will make it look better when your looking up close at it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know PC is the way to go but I'm with you on the $$. There is never enough money. I was actually thinking about spraying the rotor black but I wasn't sure that all of that effort would really be worth it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
it would hold up for awhile and it doesnt have to be perfect plus if your waiting along time for the paint to cure on the calipers painting the hub part of the rotors would be easy

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I used the red Caliper paint, held up about 3 years before it looked like crap.

Now, most of the paint is gone - I'm repainting this coming week.

BTW, for a couple hundred you could put new slotted/drilled rotors on from someone like cquence and they have a coating to prevent rusting. Plus they look oodles better IMHO

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice color job, sticker looks nice hopefully it holds up should be ok with clear over it. I painted mine black going with the silver/black theme. Put new zzp rotors on same time so looks good, now to just upgrade my brake lines.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice color job, sticker looks nice hopefully it holds up should be ok with clear over it. I painted mine black going with the silver/black theme. Put new zzp rotors on same time so looks good, now to just upgrade my brake lines.
Thanks for the compliment bro. I'm not very quick to do any kind of modification to my car. I like to research the hell out of it before I make any decisions. There seem to be a lot of different options for rotors and pads so I haven't decided on anything yet. $$$ is also a factor, there is never enough of it and most of it goes to bills and taking care of a family of 4 .

·
Registered
293 Posts
I thought about the silver but figured black would be easier to maintain rather than silver. Sure it looks good though. I love my zzp rotors and hawk pads hps front and rears.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it. Mine are painted silver to match my car.
Thanks, I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been any negative feedback as of yet. I thought for sure hnbracing would have bashed it by now! Lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you going to follow a yellow theme?
Yeah but I'm not sure what all to do without it being too much. It's really easy to do too much with the yellow... Then it might start to look like a bumblebee. Lol. I will post up what I have when I get it all back together next weekend.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Did you get the decals off ebay?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Yeah but I'm not sure what all to do without it being too much. It's really easy to do too much with the yellow... Then it might start to look like a bumblebee. Lol. I will post up what I have when I get it all back together next weekend.
BillBT has been on here and the Cobalt site. His Cobalt is yellow. It's a show car and he's done lots to it and all top notch. Some might consider it over the top, but it's probably the best quality work you will find. You might check his out for ideas.

Thanks for the link to the brake decals

1 - 20 of 25 Posts