Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 2004 saturn ion with the passlock starting problem. I have seen posts about "cutting the white wire" and wiping grease out of the switch but i also saw a reference to using the remote to turn off or deprogram the passlock feature. Something about pressing the hazard light button five times. I could not find this procedure in the owners manual. Is there such a procedure and is it documented somewhere?

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Just spend 30 dollars on the correct part and you won't have that problem. Don't cut any wires. I have never heard about hitting the hazard light button 5 times, that really wouldnt do anything. But go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the actual part name? just ignition switch? or is it something else?

Just for reference, here is the comment about the programming procedure. It is a comment on Youtube to this video:

The comment is:
"Read your owner manual what you have is a passlock still on when you shut your car off or use the sensor on your remote to lock it you will see a lock icon on your dash. you should be able to deactivate the passlock with the remote on your key chain for my girlfriends car I put the key in the ignition and turned it to the on or accessories then I pushed the panic button 5 times you will hear a chime once you hear the chime push the unlock button on the remote this disables the passlock."

We don't mind changing the switch but if its the same switch and will have the same problem, deprogramming might be a more reliable fix.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have had my ignition switch replaced 3 times now and the BCM once. The last time was a couple months ago with the warranty expired ($416). But the passlock still acts up....so frustrated!

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have had my ignition switch replaced 3 times now and the BCM once. The last time was a couple months ago with the warranty expired ($416). But the passlock still acts up....so frustrated!
I’m sorry to hear about the concerns you’re having with your Ion! I’d suggest you contact GM Canada Customer Assistance at (800) 263-3777. They’ll be able to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried a new switch, it worked fine . . . for about six weeks without issue, then back to only starting occasionally, then I finally got it started and cut the white wire, worked fine . . . for one day. Now it will start every time, but then the security light kicks on and shuts off the injectors and it dies. Next I will try the resistor trick, if that doesn't work, maybe the remote start with the bypass. Luckily I have an extra car right now. I am going to keep plugging away at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts