Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I go to mentioned that when the Cobalt SS comes out that soon after a performance package (high flow exhaust, filters, etc.) will also be available through GM but only really advertised for the Cobalt. Supposedly it's supposed to kick the thing up to 275 hp territory.

Any truth to this? If so, when? How much? :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
huh?

Wait, so it's going to be mainly advertised as a performance package for your Cobalt SS but it will still be a package for the Redline? If so then that's f***** awesome.

·
Registered
196 Posts
LJandBucket said:
The dealer I go to mentioned that when the Cobalt SS comes out that soon after a performance package (high flow exhaust, filters, etc.) will also be available through GM but only really advertised for the Cobalt. Supposedly it's supposed to kick the thing up to 275 hp territory.

Any truth to this? If so, when? How much? :)
I believe this is true. GM is working on one or more staged performance upgrades that will be dealer installed (covered under warranty). Stage 1 is probably a high flow intake and ECM flash update which should yield around 220 hp. Stage 2 in more involved and will most likely involve more boost and some engine modification. Should bring it up to around 240 - 250 hp. I wouldn't expect more than that. 275 hp might be a fantasy (at least from the factory).

These will be available for the Redline, too.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Here's the real question. HOW MUCH DOES THIS COST? It boils down to the money. That is really why we bought a Saturn isn't it?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It's from a dealer. You know it's going to be outrageously expensive. You'd be better off finding out what they use and get the aftermarket equivalent (considering if anything's out by then). Unless you're a stickler for the warrenty.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm starting to think that we need a managing editor on this forum. "Who's your source?" "Are they credible?" ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I used to be all about my warranty as its already fixed a MAF sensor in my car but you know what I don't really care anymore I want performance and want it now and if they go ahead and say I voided it on something I've done well then oh well heh

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lotus Engineering in Ann Arbor, Michigan has LOTS of RL's and SS's in it's lot off of M-14. One would think they are going to have SOMETHING to do with this rumor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Assume Credible...

...can't speak for the credibility but got the info from two head mechanics at two different Saturn dealers without asking for it.

Price...they did not have an estimate but thought the entire package would be available within a few months of the Cobalt SS hitting dealers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
well... Besides the "Performance Package" on the Cobalt(Recardo Seats, LSD, etc.)... GM is working on the 3 stages as mentioned... Once more is known about the packages, a ball park fugure can be made on price, right now we don't really know... When I get a SS/Redline I'm going to go with GM certified parts until the warranty is up... i'd hate to change a pulley on the supercharger, run too much boost and be out an engine and not have a warranty... Thats why I'm going to wait until the Spring before I get serious about getting one because by then the aftermarket will be stronger(if I decide to get a used Redline) and hopefully GM will have some certified stages as well(like Mopar)...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
mi_redline said:
Lotus Engineering in Ann Arbor, Michigan has LOTS of RL's and SS's in it's lot off of M-14. One would think they are going to have SOMETHING to do with this rumor.
Hmm....I'm going to have to drive past this tomorrow after classes and take a look-see....didn't notice it when I came back into town. When did you see/hear about these? I do like the sound of Lotus working/testing on our cars :D I'm a sucker for English cars (TVR, Lotus, mmmm.....)

·
Registered
327 Posts
jpapa said:
I'm a sucker for English cars (TVR, Lotus, mmmm.....)
Too bad TVR is a Russian company :(
It was bought just recently, but may still be producing fine British motorcars, depending on how management works it.

When I was living in Chiswick, our neighborhood was FULL of rediculous cars... TVRs, Lotus, Ferrari, and the coolest little mini you've ever seen. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts