Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed quite a change in responsiveness and power with my RL. I have 3100 miles on the RL now and the car seems to be more aggressive with the power curve in each gear, especially in 2nd gear and how smooth the manual transmission shifts. I never felt my head jerk back in 2nd gear as much as I do now and when shifting into 3rd gear the car seems to be on a permanent caffeine High. Shifting to 4th gear you can really feel the pull, like putting a magnet in front of metal. The whole power curve feels like someone is pushing my head back on the headrest. I thought it was my imagination until my wife and I went to visit my sister and her husband down in Romeoville, IL. My wife insisted I did something to the car to make it that way, because she really notices how different the car reacted. She has only been in the car a few times, so maybe after the car passed 3000 miles something in the computer must have kicked in? Has anyone else had this type of experience or is it in my HEAD?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I tend to agree with you mine also seemed faster after a few thousands miles.Maybe we are driving it better because we know it or the car loosened up.I dont know what caused it but give me more.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I just got over 3000 miles, and just did an oil change. I haven't really been pushing the car to its limits, so I can't say that I've noticed too much of a change. If the car has gotten smoother at all, it is probably because I have gotten better at driving the dern thing...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just think if yours feels better with 3k on it, I just rolled past 10k.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There was talk early on that there was a 3000 mile break-in period after which the computer profile removed restrictions & allowed it to make full power but I don't recall any confirmation of that nor did I personally notice a diff.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hyperion:
I have read that 3000 mile break-in period somewhere, but I can't recall where. Maybe on GM's website somewhere, I visit this site quite often. Or maybe its my ecm calibration, I have the latest one:

My Part # is for my ECM calibration Software: 12601903.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
The biggest difference I noticed was after my first oil change at 7400 miles. Since then I have changed it every 3-4 thousand miles. I am just about to break 15 grand and still pullin hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.