Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been very quiet over the last few months for a number of reasons ranging from SEMA plans to personal projects and working with my father to get all of the legal and financial details of SCdyne Performance hashed out. My father was a disabled Vietnam Veteran and we were taking advantage of that fact to get the necessary funding for the business to ramp up as a full manufacturing facility of our soon to be released ECOTEC performance products. Unexpectedly my father passed away early Monday morning at the age of 57 from either a blood clot that went to his lungs or heart attack. He had been dealing just fine with type 2 diabetes caused from exposure to Agent Orange during his time in Vietnam, the exact reason he was listed as a disabled vet, and I guess it was a more serious health issue than anyone knew. He will be missed.

Being that it’s a corporation SCdyne Performance is unaffected, but it won’t be getting the loan and grant money procured in my father’s name to ramp up our in-house production. The good news is that I want to deliver the parts I have on hand used in research & development and first run items we have been sitting on while CARB approval is being completed. The better news is that if I can get enough products out on the market it may bring in enough funds and product awareness to slowly ramp up our volume production on a shoestring budget. The BEST news is that I have a dozen RedLine Headers that can be shipped by Christmas to anyone who either doesn’t live in California or only plans to use then on a vehicle used for off-road use only in California. Some of them are made from mild steel and others are 304 stainless. Neither is of a high polished finish, but the mild steel have to be ceramic coated or they’ll rust and ceramic coating is initially a polished look with insulating properties. Since 304 stainless is more expensive, but the mild steel has to be ceramic coated both end up costing the same amount of money to make, package and ship. They are all hand welded using both TIG and MIG welding for maximum quality and assembled on a fixture to insure a prefect fit to all stock flanges. I can take a hit and sell the whole run to a retailer or go direct to you guys and like I stated above try to use the profits to start up volume production. Either way it would be the same final price to the consumer, but this way I may be able to begin volume sales quicker, which will lead to offering the other products I have ready to go.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
244 Posts
:( Wow! Sorry about your Dad!

·
Registered
293 Posts
My condolences. :( It's rough to lose a parent. Been there. My thoughts are with your family.

Now, onto the header...is it a direct bolt-in? As in I wouldn't have to fab up anything to hook it up to the rest of the exhaust? Do you have any pics of it?

I might be interested, but I don't think I could afford something until after Christmas. :(

·
Registered
524 Posts
Adam, sorry to hear about your old man. You and your family have my condolences.

About the headers, I probably have the same questions as the other guys. Direct fit to the stock exhaust, cost?

Tom

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad. About the header I would purchase one of the stainless ones and I am not worried if it will bolt right up or not. That would just give me a reason to run 3 inch exhaust. Let us know about the price.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
again, i'm sorry to hear about your father...

with respect to the headers, what size is the outlet? are they stepped primaries? any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry to hear this man. My heart goes out to you and your family.

About the headers I have pretty much the same questions as the rest. And I'm sure that we will all help you out in what ever way we can.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i am also very sorry for you and your family's loss.

i am ALSO quite interested in a header, i have the money to pay for one right now.

but are there any dyno charts? pictures? price?

thanks alot man, and ill be one of the first to buy if it comes to it!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Prayers

I'll pray for your family during this time.Sorry to hear about your loss.I loss my dad when I was 13.So I kinda raised my self.But I sure you would not have any problem moving some of these.Would it void the factory war.I would be interested if the price isn't to high.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My dad is a Vet too, and I don't have a mother anymore. It sucks :-/

Headers. Definately interested. Just wondering about the tech. specs once you have them.

I was also thinking about removing my bulky muffler assembly, as it apears to be identical to the standard Ion's and old sc2's. I would replace it with a staight pipe. Anyone know if it'll affect my backpressure significantly? Anyone try putting on an aftermarket muffler on their redline?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man you should have told me that when we talked. I wouldn't have been such an uptight a$$hole about giving you info on that ecu. Sorry about that. Sorry about your dad as well.

As to your header, I guess I should help these guys by asking some important questions:

What powerband are the headers tuned for? What is the header diameter, flange width, and runner length?

Finally, when ya gonna hook me up with a dealer account so I can sell some? :)

1 - 20 of 158 Posts