Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so today I was just forum hoping, then I started having some problems with my comp and I couldn't get to the redline forums. So, I decided to go over to the SVT Performance forums that someone showed us a couple weeks ago. I was wondering whta they were saying about the redines. I came across one thread aout a guy in Tampa who raced one of the redlines, and blah blah. Turns out, his friend lives down the street from the Smith's in Springhill, and was talking about going and "instigting some stuff" in the near future. I wanted to at least make Goofy aware of this, and if Colin and Barry see this, and notice a GT down the street from you somewhere, just watch out cuz he seems like a major ass that hates saturns, and might wanna start somethin. Just though I should make you guys aware. Here's the thread where they start tlking about the Smiths. Post 29 to be exact. I didn't like what he was saying, and i wanted to get it out there.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Man those guys have some serious problems.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I read it. Boy, I hope they are happy. Now I'm sell all 4 Of our Redlines and go out and buy these new Ford Mustang's for $30 k ea. and what will I get? Just slower car's! :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
bunch of weak morons. we don't sit here and say how we'll toast the new Spectra...

can't wait till we start to make power.

the best post was "if they start to make a name for themselves, then maybe i'll like 'em, i just can't get over the name Redline"

c'mon, so once we get credibility from magazines, then he'll like them?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Man that thread made me laugh!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Talking shit is one thing, but making threats of messing with someones car is another. I would personally find that guy and beat his knee caps and face in with a Louisville Slugger. Dickbags like that piss me off so bad, I'm thinking of signing up there just to say a few things to Mr. Insecure.

·
Registered
307 Posts
matt said:
Talking shit is one thing, but making threats of messing with someones car is another. I would personally find that guy and beat his knee caps and face in with a Louisville Slugger. Dickbags like that piss me off so bad, I'm thinking of signing up there just to say a few things to Mr. Insecure.
The dates of those post's were back in April. A friend of the boy's knows this jagoff. I won't have any trouble here.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been going back and forth with these guys seemingly all night, becuase of the problem I stated about gettin on to this forum (the fault of my comp cuz of some cookies or something) and the best thing that anyone has come back with is that "you drive a Saturn". I politely thank them for their observation, cuz I don't know how else I would have known. It was really pissing me off reading that earlier as well. That's why I am actually gonna stay over there and just keep talking to those people who aren't dicks, cuz I respect their cars. It's a shame that they can't do the same for us. One guy even pointed out that we don't have the support they do, and that when we do we should be making some pretty impressive numbers. Shows, they have all the different types as well.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Barry said:
The dates of those post's were back in April. A friend of the boy's knows this jagoff. I won't have any trouble here.
The two threads I've been going back and forth to were from April and May as well. It's good thing they know him, wether they like him or not, they can still watch out for him trying to start any crap.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have but two points to make.

First, I do respect the SRT's because they are faster. Reason being is the have mondo aftermarket support. I will go head to head with them and not be surprised when I lose. It;s the ass munchers over there that give skittle owners a bad name. I have met one giuy (the MI guys will contest to this) that has a 12 second yellow SRT4 that is a very nice gentleman and give all the skittle owners a good name. But it is the few jack asses over there that just kill the respect for all of them.

My second point is directed toward Barry and the kids. Screw you guys! We only have 12 Saturns. Do you have any idea how much time and money it will take to catch up with you guys. Not fair. And we got our Saturns living on welfare, literally. I have made it my poersonal goal to catch up with the Smith family. Oh it's on now.

Love you Barry! and the rest of the family. I hope to meet you guys on one of my trips down to Florida. I'm in Lakeland right now and will be in Venice tmrw. The off to Orlando friday and off to Shreveport LA for the holiday. Be back in 2 weeks.

Goos thread BTW. I needed a good laugh

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree about the SRT things, but in this particular case, it's the SVT guys. O yeah, they made fun of sp00ner also, equating being a mod on this board to being a manger at mcdonalds. That pissed me off too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
dipolley said:
I have but two points to make.

First, I do respect the SRT's because they are faster. Reason being is the have mondo aftermarket support. I will go head to head with them and not be surprised when I lose. It;s the ass munchers over there that give skittle owners a bad name. I have met one giuy (the MI guys will contest to this) that has a 12 second yellow SRT4 that is a very nice gentleman and give all the skittle owners a good name. But it is the few jack asses over there that just kill the respect for all of them.

My second point is directed toward Barry and the kids. Screw you guys! We only have 12 Saturns. Do you have any idea how much time and money it will take to catch up with you guys. Not fair. And we got our Saturns living on welfare, literally. I have made it my poersonal goal to catch up with the Smith family. Oh it's on now.

Love you Barry! and the rest of the family. I hope to meet you guys on one of my trips down to Florida. I'm in Lakeland right now and will be in Venice tmrw. The off to Orlando friday and off to Shreveport LA for the holiday. Be back in 2 weeks.

Goos thread BTW. I needed a good laugh
My #3 son( Redlinekid 04 ) will be stationed in Barksdale AFB Just after Christmas. Are you from there? We would love to meet up with ya here sometime. Just give us a heads up. Barry and PS My Wife has a Standing order for the 1st Sky in Fl. and now she is thinking about a Vue for her new venture. :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Barry said:
My #3 son( Redlinekid 04 ) will be stationed in Barksdale AFB Just after Christmas. Are you from there? We would love to meet up with ya here sometime. Just give us a heads up. Barry and PS My Wife has a Standing order for the 1st Sky in Fl. and now she is thinking about a Vue for her new venture. :D
Barry, I sent you a PM so I wouldn't thread Jack. I am going to Barksdale and there is one Redline on base already. So he won't be alone. I may be moving there eventually myself. Perhaps I will run into him sometime and you too next time I am out by you.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
clownhair said:
there forum sounds like our forum basically. Just reversed.
But at least we can tolerate other people who own other cars, and give respect where respect is due.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I absolutely refuse to go over to that forum anymore because the ignorance levels and closed-mindedness are so far beyond my comprehension. I know I posted some misinformation on that, but I was wrong and I'll admit it. FOR ANY MUSTANG OWNER THAT READS THIS, "I WAS WRONG". But to rag on a car because of the company that makes it, that's worse than childish, and since they're mostly grown men on that forums, it doesn't say much for them. Do I rag on Ford? Yea, but I rag on it because I've had personal experience with them and their complete lack of reliability. The acronym Fix Or Repair Daily was quite accurate for my experience with Ford. My family used to have a Ford minivan, it was in the shop more than our garage. My neighbor had a Bronco and needed an entirely new engine at 40k miles with innumerable problems before that and innumerable problems after the replacement. We have yet to have anything remotely comparable to this happen since we buy mainly GM products. I have a Saturn and Mom has a Suburban. Neighbor now has a Corvette and I don't know what else because we moved away. My dad owns a Chrysler and refuses to buy another Chrysler product because of the problems he's had with that too. Pretty much, my family is sticking to GM. Where was I? Oh yea, don't rag on a car because it is made by a certain company, rag on a car because you know what you're talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
No one hates the smiths as much as I do. I go buy a rare car and then the bastards buy 4 of them less then 1/2 a mile away. Thanks a lot JERKS. Oh yeah I will have Jareds car done in the morning.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm here if ya need me Barry! I'll run the fockers over or just scare the piss outta them w/ my exhaust!! LMAO!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Blue04RedLine said:
But at least we can tolerate other people who own other cars, and give respect where respect is due.
some of us can, the whole "its just a saturn" thing is old. They do realize they are driving Fords right? Its nothing exotic. The moniker does not instantly spark interest in people when you speak it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.