Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are some pictures of the RL, finally...

you'll notice they're in the photo gallery, very cool that we can do that here!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Whip...

Looks good!!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Very nice lookin Vita. The VHT on the lights looks sick on the black car. Keep up the work on keepin it clean, cuz it's looking real good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looks sharp, the only problem I'd have with that kind of set-up is the laws here are real iffy about lights that are not "specific colors" or have been altered. Stupid bureacracies :mad:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nite-Shades is a spray on taillens tint (specifically for tail lights ;) )

i kept the reverse lights because i like to see when i back up, and i think it leaves a very "stock" look to it, but still stands out that extra bit. in the light (and you can tell in the closeup of the badge) you can still see red, but it's just smoked over. i put about 5 coats on, they only recommend 3. you'd end up with a light tint if you only put on a couple.

i've still got to clear coat again, as i didn't quite read the directions, and sprayed to light of coats the first time around. i'm going to get a new can and do it up right, and they should be as glossy as stock when i'm done (going to buff first). aside from doing black badges, replacing the radio bezel with a black one, and possibly doing a CF hood, this is all the visual modification my car will receive. i guess tint and a new set of wheels isn't too far off, but it'll be a while for wheels.

thanks for the comments!

Vita

edit: i forgot to mention (some sound interested) that night or day, the lights shine through perfect. haven't had anyone rear end me yet ;) even with more than the recommended dosage. just use good judgement when you put it on. to keep the reverse area (you can tell when you feel it it's hard to get a trace) i made a rubbing and cut out the piece of paper and taped it on (smaller is better than bigger). you just have to make sure not to spray to heavy with the tint or it'll leak under the paper (i've done this before). any other questions, feel free to ask!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
castrol said:
Whip?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 10 characters.
i could have said car, but that's just too boring. so in turn, i seek to ebonics to grab attention, as does the rest of pop-culture...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SatredL said:
[ebonics to grab attention ]

Yo, don't do dat no mo man, it aint yo style!! Butchu cool an all !!

lol, it sure isn't. but i can still call her the whip (i'm a freak)!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SatredL said:
[ebonics to grab attention ]

Yo, don't do dat no mo man, it aint yo style!! Butchu cool an all !!
I like Butchu, he's an alright dude....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
careful with the nightshades it usually doesnt hold up for that long after a couple of years starts flaking of most of the time i have sold that stuff since back in the mid 90's does look cool but dont put it on to thich or you will never see the light come through, also if you do put it on thich to make it look "glossy" it sratches really really easy. i used it a few times but will not again. besides we have led style tails coming soon ;) ;) ;)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zfactor said:
careful with the nightshades it usually doesnt hold up for that long after a couple of years starts flaking of most of the time i have sold that stuff since back in the mid 90's does look cool but dont put it on to thich or you will never see the light come through, also if you do put it on thich to make it look "glossy" it sratches really really easy. i used it a few times but will not again. besides we have led style tails coming soon ;) ;) ;)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
well, you can see in the pic that it's not too thick, you can actually see the "red" still :D

after another couple coats of clear coat, it'll be ok. if i get scratches, i can always buff and coat again, and with the amount of paint on my tails right now, i doubt they'll be chipping anytime soon...

i think they look really good in person, not "ghetto" blacked-out, and they're not some ricey aftermarket lights that don't even look good on the car, which seems to be one of the first things people do now anyways. they've got an almost stock apprearance to them, and i'm very satisfied with the results!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I think they look real sharp, definitely a good black-car accessory. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts