Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says, went to the L.A. Auto Show today. It was raining, traffic was bad... but we went anyways :p

Went straight to the Saturn area, and was shocked to see the new Sky on display :eek: :eek: :eek:
And in person... wow... the pictures dont do it justice. Of course it was "sealed", meaning you couldnt touch it, sit in it, nothing. The Saturn Reps weren't even aloud to open the hood/ trunk. The only thing they could do was open and close the doors occasionally. I was also very surprised on the crowd it attracted. People were going crazy over it, asking when it was coming out/ how much/ specs/ etc. And all were shocked to hear it was going to be around 25k. This thing is going to sell so damn well... I want one already! (though I still wont be parting with the RL anytime soon). They said theres already talks of a supercharger that will give it 250hp! :D (may be an option at the dealer, like buying the rl over an ion qc). Also got a cool Sky bag and brochure. ;)

(I have 3 short video clips if anyone can host)
Pics(sorry about the timestamp, cant get rid of it):



































 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continued:


They also had a black RL on display (looked same as mine without tinted windows). People were going crazy over that as well... and I was just thinking to myself, I drove here in one of those today suckers! :p Looked pretty hot indoors on display under bright lights.
























They also had 2 cobalt ss on display. One had the same seats as ours, except they were black/ dark grey (that was in the black one). The red one had all leather seats... they were HORRIBLE! Felt really cheap and flat. The shifter is exactly the same. The dash felt a little cheaper made then the RL. When you compare the difference, the whole feel of the RL just feels better inside. The engine bay is also a lot smaller (less room for mods). I wasn't a big fan of the exterior either. Overall, when I got out of the Cobalt, I was happy I had the Redline, and wasn't thinking I wish I waited for that one instead.














 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Continued again:


Other cars:

~ Was really dissapointed with the Lancer Evo. The only thing it has going for it is the power. It wasn't made to be pretty or have a luxury feel inside, but for the 36k pricetag, they could have done better (afterall, you could build a fast honda for half the price if all you want is power, you are just paying for the brand here). The seats were uncomfortable. The shifter was too big and loose feeling. The clutch was also too easy to push in. The entire feel of it was cheap, inside and out. I'd take and sti over it any day.






~SRT-4- Its an ugly neon from the outside. But once I got inside, was very surprised. The seats are very comfortable (magazine reviews were right), and the whole feel of it inside felt very nice compared to the evo and cobalt, kind of like being in a cockpit, but not too tight. The shifter was too tall, but other then that, if it wasn't a neon on the outside, I'd probably really like it.


~350z- Wow. Just an amazing car. If I had the money I'd want to buy it tomorrow. Where do I begin.. The 6speed short throw shifter was awesome. The gauge cluster is ATTATCHED to the tilt steering wheel, so whenever you move the steering wheel up and down, the gauges go with it.. just really cool. The seats were probably the best out of every car I was able to sit in at the auto show. The whole design is just really nice, the window doesn't even start til about my shoulder, so you really feel like you're in a race car. Not to mention it was in this really nice blue color ;)







~Had a raced out Tiburon on display. Possibly turbo (looked like it had a fmic).








~Pontiac Solstice and Dodge Slingshot: Eww. Stay far, far away. They are cheap ugly rip off's of the Sky.








~Cars I liked but couldnt afford.. lambo, ferrari, saleen s-7, porshe :p















Random weird truck with 10 wheels:





Gto:






New ford gt:



 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
Good pictures. Only thing I noticed is the ION Red Line Floor mats are Tan while the carpet in the Red Line is Dark Gray, That makes sense...

The Evo 8 is not all about power (Which comes from a Turbocharged 2.0L I4) it's the Handling. AWD Is Awesome.

That GTO is Awesome, It's from D1 Drift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
is that an intake for the redline? ion? vue? i can't really tell, please let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
Continued again:



~Pontiac Solstice and Dodge Slingshot: Eww. Stay far, far away. They are cheap ugly rip off's of the Sky.

DUDE! LOL!

If you're going to attack another car, have SOME semblance of knowledge about the subject!

Explain to me how a Solstice, in production for over 2 years before the Sky, could possibly have ripped it off? Don't get me wrong, I love the new Sky, but us old farts that always wanted a 60's era MG are in LOVE with the Solstice. You're certainly entitled to call it ugly if you want, I can understand that, but a rip off? Absurd!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GMperf said:
DUDE! LOL!

If you're going to attack another car, have SOME semblance of knowledge about the subject!

Explain to me how a Solstice, in production for over 2 years before the Sky, could possibly have ripped it off? Don't get me wrong, I love the new Sky, but us old farts that always wanted a 60's era MG are in LOVE with the Solstice. You're certainly entitled to call it ugly if you want, I can understand that, but a rip off? Absurd!

If I had any interest in it I'd probably know more about it.
Let me re-word:

Saturn Sky > Pontiac Solstice

Better? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aeain said:
Good pictures. Only thing I noticed is the ION Red Line Floor mats are Tan while the carpet in the Red Line is Dark Gray, That makes sense...

The Evo 8 is not all about power (Which comes from a Turbocharged 2.0L I4) it's the Handling. AWD Is Awesome.

That GTO is Awesome, It's from D1 Drift.

I didnt say anything negative about the evo's performance. But when you have a car in almost equal performance (sti), and better looks/ interior, for the same price or less, why would you buy the evo? Go sit in one then tell me what you think :p
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,617 Posts
BlackRedline04 said:
I didnt say anything negative about the evo's performance. But when you have a car in almost equal performance (sti), and better looks/ interior, for the same price or less, why would you buy the evo? Go sit in one then tell me what you think :p
I've sat in one very nice in my opinion. Nicer than an STI nicer than a Mustang GT. Hell, Those Recaro's are pretty good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
back to the show, what was up with the aftermarket parts? were they to be offered by saturn? i haven't seen that intake either way for the ion, so come on with the details, we need more info!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
The SRT-4 seats aren't comfortable for very long according to every review I have read. When I testdrove it they were fine, but the seat is way too firm. The EVO is really a rally car made street legal. I think I prefer the STI too, but for that horrible wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vita said:
back to the show, what was up with the aftermarket parts? were they to be offered by saturn? i haven't seen that intake either way for the ion, so come on with the details, we need more info!!!!!!!
Yes all those parts were from saturn. I was hoping they'd have more for the redline besides floormats though :( There wasnt any detailed info on them, just a small card with the name and some with a part #.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
I'd love to see those pics but it seems the bandwith has been exceeded. Anything you can do about that BlackRedline? Thanks.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top