Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my RL and i was looking to get a pillar mount gauge pod i was thinking of going with 2 gauges (boost and oil pressure) i have looked around with for a pod and have not been about to find one does anyone know where i could get one?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
trial and error man, just go somewhere where they have alot and u can just try and see if they fit.

that or u can get a univeresal and mold it to ur pillar.

there's nothing available yet.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
please do id like a 3 gauge pod but 2 will get me by

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got mine done today 2 guages Boost and Air/Fuel ratio i will take some pics as soon as i can i was thinking about doing it my self but i got someone who did it for me for cheap so i went ahead and got it done it was not to hard to do just some molding of plastic

·
Registered
187 Posts
navymitch12 said:
just got mine done today 2 guages Boost and Air/Fuel ratio i will take some pics as soon as i can i was thinking about doing it my self but i got someone who did it for me for cheap so i went ahead and got it done it was not to hard to do just some molding of plastic

where did you get the pilar from?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
those are all generics though. I was looking for something molded to fit ours ya know. Anywho on with the pics

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had a guy mold one to my car with a heat gun and such

pics soon

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is a pic tell me what u think

the boost gauge lights up red around the outer ring

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the boost gauge shows about 12psi of boost at around 6000rpm and about 8 or 9 on average it looks like there is no boost untill 2nd gear, the air/fuel shows that the car is running a little rich so we are gonna need a chip or programmer to bring that down a little i will let u know if anything changes and if there anything u want to know just let me know

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those are for the first gen coupe's like the SC2 i dont know how they would fit on the redline

i used a autometer 2 pod pillar made for the eagle talon, elcipse, and laser it fit good it just needed to be rounded a little because it was more square to start of with, find a local performance shop and have them just try a couple on and get what ever fits the closest and use a heat gun to mold it a little, it worked for me i think it came out really good

·
Registered
786 Posts
Way Cool!

I hate be a pain, but how about another picture or two. I'd like to see more of how it's mounted. I think we all would.

Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
My OCD kicks in every once in a while, so I'm trying to find some gauges that actually match the stock. The silver face that lights up orange. I don't think I'll have much luck, but I'm gonna see how well the "comp package" one matches.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i will get some more pics ASAP and the boost guage i have on there now looks really close to the stock gauges as far as the lighting goes because its got a red light but it kinda looks orange it looks very close to the factory ones at night

i will deffently get on those pictures as soon as i get the time im in the military and home on leave so kinda doing a lot of catching up with the family but i will try to fit it in.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
how much to make and ship me one. Or a how to?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts