Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
vandy0419 said:
Which is why I suggest the Powell Motorsport's control arms...track proven, hands down :shrug03:

Dan said the Control Arm bushings from JBP didn't do anything
...and made for a Cobalt so they don't fit right... $1k for control arms is crazy anyway...

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
$600 if you give them yours

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
lol...duh Bears...
...I want 3" longer cromoly control arms...I want to make a pre-runner RL...think I could find longer axles?....lol

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
my_bd said:
Note:: Be advised that failures of this nature are abuse. They are NOT defects in materials or workmanship for which General Motors would be responsible and should not be covered under the terms of the new vehicle warranty. Vehicles with this complaint should be inspected by the dealer and Area Vehicle Manager. A product report should be submitted on each.
there ya go! there on to us!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Shabodah said:
How come you got a "Bears Fan" thing but not a "Cubs Fan" one! That's Crap!
I added those a few weeks ago, most of us Cub fans are in denail till next year!

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
lol...duh Bears...
...I want 3" longer cromoly control arms...I want to make a pre-runner RL...think I could find longer axles?....lol
I don't see why not. Now how much are you going to extend your wheel wells?

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
Shabodah said:
I don't see why not. Now how much are you going to extend your wheel wells?
lol...all in jest my friend...I just think it would be funny to see a RL that was all jacked up in the front for "off roading," cause we all know those guys with their raised and caged Taco's, with 4' long control arms on the front (and no suspension work in the rear), with light bars and fibreglass body pannels an sh-t...lol

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
lol...all in jest my friend
Dude! How about making the car a full foot wider! :)
Or, maybe putting another engine and transmission in the back like that crazy guy with the Tiburon did! He did use auto's though, might be a little harder to drive with dual manual transmissions.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
lol...man I wish I had my camera at the last HIN that was out here in LA...man they had a REAL mini cooper, with a truck bed?!?, that had dual engines like that. Each engine was a, iirc, 2.0T putting out over 1000HP each, it was actually narrowed 6", and was a 1 seater. the thing even had dual throttle control, so you could give more gas to one engine over the other.

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
socalsilverRL said:
lol...man I wish I had my camera at the last HIN that was out here in LA...man they had a REAL mini cooper, with a truck bed?!?, that had dual engines like that. Each engine was a, iirc, 2.0T putting out over 1000HP each, it was actually narrowed 6", and was a 1 seater. the thing even had dual throttle control, so you could give more gas to one engine over the other.
omg thats sick

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I dont understand how they can not cover this under warranty, as long as the car is stock. Yes, the car is a high performance car and has a lot of power, and I think GM should put parts on the car that can handle its own power. It shouldnt matter if I launch the car at every light, the car should be able to handle its own power. Thats dumb....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Blubatmobile said:
I dont understand how they can not cover this under warranty, as long as the car is stock. Yes, the car is a high performance car and has a lot of power, and I think GM should put parts on the car that can handle its own power. It shouldnt matter if I launch the car at every light, the car should be able to handle its own power. Thats dumb....
That's rediculous... by that token, why shouldn't I be able to kick a hole in my dash and demand a new dash? Or why not just sandblast all the paint off my car and demand a new paint job? I mean hey, there's sand outside, so it should be able to take it. Abuse is abuse, and it is NEVER covered under warranty. If you're wheel hopping so badly and frequently that you break the tranny housing, you're an idiot. This isn't something that occurs if you hop 10-20 times, this is when people go to the strip, launch like an idiot, and hop down the first 1/8 mile over and over again. Why should GM pay for stupid? It will happen on SRT's, SS/SC's, RL's, Evo, STi, WRX's... Go ask guys with AWD cars how their dealers feel about blown diffs.

A performance car is not indestructible, it's simply better equipped to handle the 'abuse' that high performance driving can put on a car...

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
Sp00ner said:
A performance car is not indestructible, it's simply better equipped to handle the 'abuse' that high performance driving can put on a car...
+ 5/8

10 char sucks

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That's rediculous... by that token, why shouldn't I be able to kick a hole in my dash and demand a new dash? Or why not just sandblast all the paint off my car and demand a new paint job? I mean hey, there's sand outside, so it should be able to take it.
+15mm open end wrench

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That's rediculous... by that token, why shouldn't I be able to kick a hole in my dash and demand a new dash? Or why not just sandblast all the paint off my car and demand a new paint job? I mean hey, there's sand outside, so it should be able to take it. Abuse is abuse, and it is NEVER covered under warranty. If you're wheel hopping so badly and frequently that you break the tranny housing, you're an idiot. This isn't something that occurs if you hop 10-20 times, this is when people go to the strip, launch like an idiot, and hop down the first 1/8 mile over and over again. Why should GM pay for stupid? It will happen on SRT's, SS/SC's, RL's, Evo, STi, WRX's... Go ask guys with AWD cars how their dealers feel about blown diffs.

Everything that you described something that you are doing to the car, ya, hitting the dash and putting a hole in it obviously will not be covered because it is self inflicted. Im talking strictly mechanical. I think GM should make the parts strong enough to handle its own power. If they do that, then they should have nothing to worry about when all the assholes go out and abuse the car, cause the parts can take it, simple as that.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Blubatmobile said:
Everything that you described something that you are doing to the car, ya, hitting the dash and putting a hole in it obviously will not be covered because it is self inflicted. Im talking strictly mechanical. I think GM should make the parts strong enough to handle its own power. If they do that, then they should have nothing to worry about when all the assholes go out and abuse the car, cause the parts can take it, simple as that.
Or they could only sell it to mature individuals who won't go out and beat the crap out of it. Or they could put the axles from a tank in the thing so that every 15 year old who got the car from mommy and daddy can smoke the tires out all day long. Or they could simply warranty everything and have a pit crew that follows every driver around to fix things when they break it. C'mopn man think about what you are saying. From your post you could say that the clutch shouyld be designed to take 7k launches all day long slipping the clutch out. The brakes should never fail, bulbs never burn out. C'mon...

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
Or they could only sell it to mature individuals who won't go out and beat the crap out of it. Or they could put the axles from a tank in the thing so that every 15 year old who got the car from mommy and daddy can smoke the tires out all day long. Or they could simply warranty everything and have a pit crew that follows every driver around to fix things when they break it. C'mopn man think about what you are saying. From your post you could say that the clutch shouyld be designed to take 7k launches all day long slipping the clutch out. The brakes should never fail, bulbs never burn out. C'mon...
You know, I was only stating my opinion on how the warranty should work. I dont understand why youre being such an ass talking about putting tank axles on and shit. I was only saying that the car should be able to handle its own power. Thats great that you dont agree, and no, I dont think a clutch should be covered. Thats a part that wears out, just like brakes and light bulbs and whatever smartass things you said. Whats your beef?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
if your wheel hoppin bad enough to crack the tranny housing thats abuse... how many 3+ clutch drops can a car handle ??? performance or not... i used to get mad wheel hop in a single cam sedan civic stick.... dropint at 2+... i woulent drop at anything over 1.5...... and even then i dont drop it i feather it...

41 - 60 of 77 Posts