Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pull up next to one at a stop light the other night and he looks over and just kinda smirks, one of those "my car costs 3X as much as your car so don't even look at me" smirks...light turns green and we both gun it, I stay pretty much even with him but the 2 lanes merged into 1 so I had to fall back....run up on some traffic on a dotted yellow line so he slows down and I proceed to pass him and the car in front of him.....he passes that car after me and starts trying to pass me on windy ass roads, thankfully this car handles much better than his....got a straightaway and he pulled up along side of me in the other lane so we stayed even up until about 75 then I let off cuz we were coming into town and didn't wanna take any chances running into any cops.....he pulls off into a parking lot and sticks his head out the window so I pull along side of him and ask how it felt to have a $20,000 car hang with his big ole MB....he just got pissed and peeled out into the lot :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
It would be a very close race between the RL and the Lexus. The power to weight ratios are very close, they have 300HP about 90 more than people are dynoing, and weigh about 900lbs more. Now if it were the Mercedes, the RL would win, hands down. 275HP and weigh about 300lbs more than the Lexus. Keep in mind, this car probably isn't meant for the race track, more for sitting in rush hour traffic without your ass hurting and for not spilling your drink as well as your wife and kids' drinks. But for $70k, it should be faster than it is.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just for clarification it was the Mercedes Benz S430, the one that you linked to.....nice expensive car but slow as hell for 70K.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Darkness95M3 said:
There is more to a car then just how fast it goes in a straigh tline.
Oh, don't get me wrong. It is way nicer than the RL. You can get a used Ferrari for that though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts