Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Should we Ban Tibbet?!?!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
i voted for a SB ban, Tibbs just wants to go faster on 2 wheels. if the rl could do 200 miles in hour with just the 2 front tires im sure tibb will stay with her lol

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Did I miss that he's getting rid of her? Is anyone really going to want to buy it when it's all gutted? I thought he was supposed to be having some crazy engine work/twincharging in his future...

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
It's getting put back together.. and I really am disliking this car more and more these days..maybe I'm just getting the "It's only a Saturn" syndrome.. It won't do what I want it to do and I've accepted that..it's time to move onto something that will.

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Tibbett said:
It's getting put back together.. and I really am disliking this car more and more these days..maybe I'm just getting the "It's only a Saturn" syndrome.. It won't do what I want it to do and I've accepted that..it's time to move onto something that will.
i dont blame u man, it does take a good amount of massaging to get the LSJ ready to do its duty on a 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
theres no room here for deserters

jk, but seriously, whats up with peeps selling thier RL's latly?

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Ahriman said:
jk, but seriously, whats up with peeps selling thier RL's latly?
lol probably the fact that a new SI can hit 410whp and still stay on stock internals LOL. seriously, the LSJ is a contender up to a point. One cant really expect it to do what its competiters can do with out building the **** out of everything.

open for discussion, would our LSJ's hit 300whp and beyond easier if it came with a better tranny and turbocharged from the factory?

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new SI might be new, but it's just an evolution of a product that was already tried and true, same with the 4g63's. It's gonna take take to work kinks out of a new product, which is obviously what GM has been doing. I don't expect a first year bodystyle vehicle to be perfect, and no one should expect an engine that's only a few years old to be working miracles, either. In 1996 when the C5 corvette and LS1 came out, no one knew a thing about building them or tuning them, either. You will see 400 horsepower out of the longblock on the LSJ, but it might be a while yet before you see a lot of it. They'll be 400 horse LNF's running around pretty quickly, though.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
sheek360 said:
lol probably the fact that a new SI can hit 410whp and still stay on stock internals LOL. seriously, the LSJ is a contender up to a point. One cant really expect it to do what its competiters can do with out building the **** out of everything.

open for discussion, would our LSJ's hit 300whp and beyond easier if it came with a better tranny and turbocharged from the factory?
Who knows, the SKY will most likely answer those questions.

As far as the same old argument about our cars NOT holding up to 400hp on stock internals, when some ACTUALLY DOES IT (besides Rice) then let's say for sure.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
KSC said:
As far as the same old argument about our cars NOT holding up to 400hp on stock internals, when some ACTUALLY DOES IT (besides Rice) then let's say for sure.
I have plenty of customers blowing 4g63's at 350 horses, and I have plenty going to 550 or 600 on stock longblocks. I think, perhaps, how you do it, and how you tune it, have something to do with how long it lasts.

·
Registered
13,594 Posts
Shabodah said:
They'll be 400 horse LNF's running around pretty quickly, though.
i agree, they have alot goin for them! rwd, nice bump in compression, strong internals, and turbo'd

there are millions of differant sized turbos, maybe thats why theyve been so popular, they come in every flavor! and if u want a 307cfm bump, im sure ull find the right turbo.

and thats why these new blowers eaton is coming out with will change things for us, need a quick bump in cfm? consult the blower list and buy the blower u need. im sure companies like intense and CA will start making intake manni's too. maybe even bolt on kits including said SC's!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Shabodah said:
I have plenty of customers blowing 4g63's at 350 horses, and I have plenty going to 550 or 600 on stock longblocks. I think, perhaps, how you do it, and how you tune it, have something to do with how long it lasts.
Exactly! So many people that are giving up are giving up because the method (and the parts) or the money aren't there to do it. If our car was as simple as turbo swaps ala SRT and everyone that installed Stage3 had their engine blow, then we can sit here and complain that our car is "inferior".

Until then it's like saying cows can't make milk on the moon.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
KSC said:
Who knows, the SKY will most likely answer those questions.
It may not be the Sky RLs or Solstice GXPs that we'll see...I still say that tuners and the engine builders are not going to like messing around with GM's direct injection setups on those engines...if you think our cars now can be a pain with the normal port injection everyone is used to, wait until people try to start tuning those things out...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
TheWastedYears said:
<emerges from the dark>

Did our opratic friend (Tib) sell his RL?
No, but he's thinkin about it.

Apparently this has gotten everyone's panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
handyjoe said:
Apparently this has gotten everyone's panties in a bunch.
I'm just sick of all the negativity and people giving up before they've really even tried. "There is either Do, or Do not, there is no try."

1 - 20 of 69 Posts