Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this and my second oil change earlier today. I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet because I'm watching the kids and my wife isn't home from work yet.

I'll let you guys know what I think later on.

BTW- That electrical connector you have to disconnect to get to the oil filter cap.....don't forget to reconnect that. I did and it scared the crap out of me when I started it up to back out of the garage and the engine had no power and ran like crap and then got a warning light.

The light was to the lower right of the tach. I think it was an airlflow warining light or something. I briefly tried to look it up in the manual but couldn't find it.

Anyhow, I turned off the car after about 10 seconds realizing my mistake. Popped the hood and hooked it back up. After that everything was back to normal. Whew! (wiping sweat off of brow)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess the K&N filter has been beat to death around here, huh?

LOL!!! :p

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aeain said:
Yeah, I think most are just waiting for the Vita Technologies Ram/Cold Air Intake.

Believe me, I am too.

I just couldn't wait any longer. I'll be the first in line to buy an intake when they come out.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
JPK said:
Believe me, I am too.

I just couldn't wait any longer. I'll be the first in line to buy an intake when they come out.

Yeah, If I get the money I'm all over it.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, got to try out the car with the K&N yesterday.

With it, and the upgraded exhaust, I can definitely feel the difference. The car is quicker and you can hear that the engine is breathing a bit better. I don't know why some are saying they couldn't tell the difference, unless of course, they are still sporting the stock exhasut. Can't wait for a CAI for this puppy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts