Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going home and see this Boxster pulling up behind me on a two-lane road, don't know if it was Base or S, but I see the guy sitting in the passenger seat signaling the woman driver to get beside me on the left. As I turn and check out the car, I realized she was test driving it and since I know the Porsche dealer was a few blocks down the road, they must be going back and there is only one reason she is getting beside me.
Light turns and I can clearly hear the little Boxster revving up and then took off quickly, I am like, no you don't, and kept right up with her, so she couldn't pass me, you know, just being an ass. Next light, same thing. Finally they got behind to make a right so they can get back to the dealership. I never was able to make eye contact with them, but I imagine the salesperson had an interesting time explaining why his Boxster couldn't get around a Saturn.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Well that is too bad. Unlike the salesmen at Saturn (to my knowledge anyway at my dealership) I believe the Porche people work on commision. lol. That sucks for him.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Honestly, a base Boxster would get pulled on by a Redline. A Boxster S would beat the IRL, but it'd be a good race with a base. They handle very well, but the base models are in dire need of bigger balls.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
IIRC, the guy at my Saturn dealer DEFINITELY said he was getting at least SOME commission on my car. The major difference in Porsche and Saturn sales people? Unless you walk into a Porsche dealership smelling & dripping of cash money, you'll get nothing. I went to Williams Auto World (porsche, benz, BMW) in Lansing for a school project my senior year and had about $10 cash on me - didn't even get a second GLANCE from the salespeople.

Side note - dipolley, I am enthralled with your avatar. That's just great.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
SATURN does work on comission.

They have bonus programs, they make 25% over pack

keith-

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TransAm52804 said:
Honestly, a base Boxster would get pulled on by a Redline. A Boxster S would beat the IRL, but it'd be a good race with a base. They handle very well, but the base models are in dire need of bigger balls.
It was probably a base, I didn't have to push my car all that hard, then again, it was a woman test-driving the Boxster, I doubt she really tried that hard.

·
Registered
189 Posts
SilverRedLine04 said:
SATURN does work on comission.

They have bonus programs, they make 25% over pack

keith-

Why they keep saying they don't, I thought they got a base + bonus on the amount of units they sell.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yep, the base model is an easy kill for the RedLine. I have come across two that wanted to run and both times walked the Boxster. Looks nice, but just doesn't live up to it's heritage...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
yianco465 said:
Why they keep saying they don't, I thought they got a base + bonus on the amount of units they sell.
This is my understanding as well. But I believe they have to sell so many units first. (example: Sell 10 and you get a bonus, and then it goes up after that. But below 10 no bonus.) I don't work there so I can only go of of a vauge recollection of what a salesman told me. But it was explained that it is not how many dollars you sell. The number of cars you sell is what is important. That way they don't presure you into an upsell. This way the customer gets exactly what they need.

Just how i remember it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts