Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am not the "racing" type usually. I was on my way home from work and was doing my usual 75-80 on a main expressway with very little traffic around. It was 9pm and I noticed some lights closing in on me pretty quickly in my rear view mirror. I figured I would down shift and get out of his way to see what it was. So i down shifted and gave my RL all she had. I hit 110 and he was still right there. At that point he decided he would come around me and let me tell you that car is FAST. He blew past me like I have never seen. Once I saw it was a Porshe I figured what the hell so I got on it again and hit 120 and he was still pulling away from me with authority. I cant even guess how fast he had that thing going. Talk about getting your ass handed to you, but it was still fun. I wonder if my local Porshe dealer would let me drive a 911. Ok, probably not, but damn that thing has to be fun to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
jeepin79 said:
Ok so I am not the "racing" type usually. I was on my way home from work and was doing my usual 75-80 on a main expressway with very little traffic around. It was 9pm and I noticed some lights closing in on me pretty quickly in my rear view mirror. I figured I would down shift and get out of his way to see what it was. So i down shifted and gave my RL all she had. I hit 110 and he was still right there. At that point he decided he would come around me and let me tell you that car is FAST. He blew past me like I have never seen. Once I saw it was a Porshe I figured what the hell so I got on it again and hit 120 and he was still pulling away from me with authority. I cant even guess how fast he had that thing going. Talk about getting your ass handed to you, but it was still fun. I wonder if my local Porshe dealer would let me drive a 911. Ok, probably not, but damn that thing has to be fun to drive.
nice death. :D
were you able to see any markings on the car?
carrera, turbo, carrera 4s, turbo s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Hahaha, yea there fun to play with (well, for the 1 second that you can). The Turbo S just can normally drive and keep up to us, then when they floor it, its like you just stopped and they are at top speed(and yes, I know from experience)....damn 444hp with AWD...lol, they make STi's look tame. They are very nice looking cars though. Try to find him again and get to know him. Then get some people in your car and race him, but tell him to lose to you. Your friends will be in shock...lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
BLUBYYOU said:
nice death. :D
were you able to see any markings on the car?
carrera, turbo, carrera 4s, turbo s?
Nope, it was going way too fast. Plus it was dark out. It was a painful experience similar to the Corvette I tried to play with a few months back. I dont care about winning the rare time I race with someone. As long as I can push my car a little and have some fun with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
It is fun to push a lil ol 4-banger saturn (its a great way to make people think your slow...lol) and then surprise the hell outta them. Playing with the big boys is what is about. As if they slow down and play with you, then they probably respect you which is a good feeling. Gotta find a Ferrari and see how long you last...lol. I touched an enzo and got yelled at in italian (hehe, after I sat on the rear tire of their 2002 winning F-1 car...lol).

Edit: Oh I did this at the grand opening of the worlds largest Ferrari store in Rome when I was on a trip there. They had basically every ferrari there, even a f-1 car made of lego that had the perfect dimensions and everything (wish I had a picture of that..but to many people and I ran out of film on the real cars..lol).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
XeroState said:
Gotta find a Ferrari and see how long you last...lol.
Oh yeah I have a guy who always is at a cigar/wine place near where I live who owns a Black 360 Spyder. That guy babies it like you wouldnt believe except for the one time I got him to race my RL, well not race just desecrate me. On one occasion I was at a light turning and heard what sounded like an F1 racecar. I saw a red Ferrari of some sort flyby me and thought I could catch up after the light turned 10 seconds later. WRONG. I love Ferrari car's and got yelled at too by an arrogant a-hole when I touched his F-40's door to look inside of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
Ya they are very passinate owners (but I would be to if I paid that much money for a car..I don't let people even sit in my drivers seat..its mine). But the people who yelled at me were Italian police who will throw you in jail without telling anyone..oh and they carry semi-machine guns on them at all times :eek: ...lol...I was actually scared and ran away with 3 other guys

Edit: Oh and sorry to the OP, I just get carried away when I get to talk about those nice nice cars that I saw in person and I find an excuse to tell the story at least once a month...sorry again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
XeroState said:
Ya they are very passinate owners (but I would be to if I paid that much money for a car..I don't let people even sit in my drivers seat..its mine). But the people who yelled at me were Italian police who will throw you in jail without telling anyone..oh and they carry semi-machine guns on them at all times :eek: ...lol...I was actually scared and ran away with 3 other guys.
That is some funny stuff. I would have been pissing my pants. Thank heavens that guy didnt have I gun I guess.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top