Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who has done this, or knows someone who has done this, did you or they draw out a template for the changes to the lower surface that improves flow? I have a full-blown machine shop, flow bench, and 2 dynos (roller and water) at my disposal, so if I had a good idea of how much material to remove and where, I can get it hooked up.

Any good info?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Im tellin ya I have seen the inards of this blower and I have to admit its in GREAT shape. leave it alone. There is almost no overlap from the housing so no need to get rid of any material.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same with the Eaton on the Mustang Cobra, but mild porting gave the guys at Apten Performance 35 hp at the wheels...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is he associated with Apten Performance, also in that area? I contacted those guys right after getting my Redline, and the guy was rude as hell.

I'll check on this Bob guy and see if they can part an M62 and sell me one, sending mine back as a core.

I'd rather do it myself, considering my shop resources, but maybe this Bob guy could show modification specs and plans, though.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
yeah, you have to be carefull. i think it was ZZPerformance that does all the porting for the m90 on GTPs and they went through a BUNCH of designs to find the best port job to get more power. i can't really give info, but you really have to know what you're doing or you could possibly lose power

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Is he associated with Apten Performance, also in that area? I contacted those guys right after getting my Redline, and the guy was rude as hell.

I'll check on this Bob guy and see if they can part an M62 and sell me one, sending mine back as a core.

I'd rather do it myself, considering my shop resources, but maybe this Bob guy could show modification specs and plans, though.

Thanks a bunch.
Apten Performance WAS a one-man outfit in STL started by Brian Herron, who is now a vice president @ SCT Tuning. His business was sold to an outfit in Ohio. Apten-STL subcontracted all the port work to Bob. When Apten-Ohio took over, the contract work continued for a while, until Apten-Ohio starting doing their own port work. Bob started advertising his port work under the Steigemeyer business name.

All in all, no one has more porting experience, and testing of the work than Bob. For 03 Cobra blowers, he has three different porting options on the M112.

I don't know if he will provide specifications, but...you can always contact him and gather info on the service he offers. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts