Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much horse power can a stock 2004 Saturn RL motor handle w/o me having to re-do any internals?:killtard:

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Grip'n'Go said:
How much horse power can a stock 2004 Saturn RL motor handle w/o me having to re-do any internals?:killtard:

most have seen with out any internals was 290whp. that was with just about everything you can do without going internal and sticking with the stock blower. youll need nitrouse or meth to get there though.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was worried becouse someone estimated us running 290 or 300 now.. and uh it kinda scared me becouse i havent done any internals.. i think i will jump inside the motor next.. i dont want my car to pop...

·
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=
9,519 Posts
Ahriman said:
most have seen with out any internals was 290whp. that was with just about everything you can do without going internal and sticking with the stock blower. youll need nitrouse or meth to get there though.
Twincharged made 340whp on stock internals. Dan saw 309 on stock internals

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
NoRemorse said:
Twincharged made 340whp on stock internals. Dan saw 309 on stock internals

ya but he said stock motor. i consider the eaton to be a part of the stock motor and wasnt really thinking about turbo setups.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Grip'n'Go said:
well i was worried becouse someone estimated us running 290 or 300 now.. and uh it kinda scared me becouse i havent done any internals.. i think i will jump inside the motor next.. i dont want my car to pop...
Someone estimated you were running around 290-300? With the 60's, you could support that power but with just the 60's and 2.6" pully I don't think you're there, especially without any tuning yet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so i should be good for now? i just didnt want to kill my motor haha! ya i know the 340 sounded obsurde to me but he had a saturn redline so i guess i belived him but i wont know for sure what i am runnin until i get it tuned and dinoed.. and i am liking the idea of the twin charger on stock internals lol i will have to look into that one...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Grip'n'Go said:
A stock can do up to about 220whp at the wheels.

After that its not stock...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i know i have over 220 to the wheels and my internals are all stock...

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
12 horsepower..that's all my car has..that's the reason for all my weight reductions is due to my lack of power.

Or was that 12 second weight/horsepower that I have..damn..I keep mixing that up..

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Grip'n'Go said:
ok so i should be good for now? i just didnt want to kill my motor haha! ya i know the 340 sounded obsurde to me but he had a saturn redline so i guess i belived him but i wont know for sure what i am runnin until i get it tuned and dinoed.. and i am liking the idea of the twin charger on stock internals lol i will have to look into that one...
340's not that absurd... the internals are forged after all.... or at least performance-rated...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tibbett said:
12 horsepower..that's all my car has..that's the reason for all my weight reductions is due to my lack of power.

Or was that 12 second weight/horsepower that I have..damn..I keep mixing that up..
12 horsepower? hope you ment 120?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bc3tech said:
340's not that absurd... the internals are forged after all.... or at least performance-rated...
so you are saying 340 would be safe with stock internals???

·
SPARTA!!!
10,655 Posts
To the new guy, Beware of teh Ninja Text!

·
SPARTA!!!
10,655 Posts
Grip'n'Go said:
so you are saying 340 would be safe with stock internals???
No.

Maybe 290 with meth injection.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok.. this was more of a motor safety strand lol.. i dont wanna blow out my motor.. oh and im not messin with any bike btw lol.. i know what thay can do =D

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Bike? My bike had best not run 12's..if it does I need to sell it considering I had my last one in the low 10's and it was a heavy peice compared to my new one..

I meant the car..

The bike has a hair over 127rwhp at this point as an FYI.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts