Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
( the 02 sensor is bugging out so i am going to replace it but it shouldent affect it since at wot the car should use the stock fuel patterns and not the 02 sensor at all right?)

this has never happend before when i driven this car. i am having a problem when i am almost at redline it will act like it is not getin enough fuel or air (you can just tell because its jerking and acting sluggish)... the boost will bounce between 10 and 15 lbs and the car will have a problem hiting redline. i am not sure what is going on its every gear and i put 93 octain in it every time i fuel up. i was wondering if anyone elce on here had that problem or if it has already been asked.( sorry i searched and i could not find anything like my problem.) the help would be much appriciated .

BTW the car is compleatly stock * besides a boost gauge *. air filter is brand new( instaled correctly lol)
(personaly i think its a fuel problem but i have no way to check it or what i should check. when should the fuel filters be replaced on these cars?)

if you could pm me some awncers or questions thanks.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
( the 02 sensor is bugging out so i am going to replace it but it shouldent affect it since at wot the car should use the stock fuel patterns and not the 02 sensor at all right?)

this has never happend before when i driven this car. i am having a problem when i am almost at redline it will act like it is not getin enough fuel or air (you can just tell because its jerking and acting sluggish)... the boost will bounce between 10 and 15 lbs and the car will have a problem hiting redline. i am not sure what is going on its every gear and i put 93 octain in it every time i fuel up. i was wondering if anyone elce on here had that problem or if it has already been asked.( sorry i searched and i could not find anything like my problem.) the help would be much appriciated .

BTW the car is compleatly stock * besides a boost gauge *. air filter is brand new( instaled correctly lol)
(personaly i think its a fuel problem but i have no way to check it or what i should check. when should the fuel filters be replaced on these cars?)

if you could pm me some awncers or questions thanks.
It sounds like you're bouncing off the rev limiter.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not that i bounce off of it( still has 400 more rpm to climb( i know it dont seem like alot but in a 1/4 mile it helps alot to get that extra bump from the boost). it has at least another 400 rpm to go it starts around 5750 ish rpm. the boost bounces around and rpms climb slowly. i was wondering if it could have to do with the cat also? because it just now through a code for a malfunctioning catalitic converter.

10,144 Posts
its not that i bounce off of it( still has 400 more rpm to climb( i know it dont seem like alot but in a 1/4 mile it helps alot to get that extra bump from the boost). it has at least another 400 rpm to go it starts around 5750 ish rpm. the boost bounces around and rpms climb slowly. i was wondering if it could have to do with the cat also? because it just now through a code for a malfunctioning catalitic converter.
hmm you would probably be correct on your diagnosis with that then if it's not hitting the rev limiter. are you still under warranty etc? cause if so (and even if not) personally i'd def get it checked out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
This could very well likely be your catylitic converter. This happened to me right before my cat was completely clogged. I got it replaced along with the o2 sensor. That was at about 38k miles and i was stock also. Whats happening to you is just how i would describe happened to me. It just couldn't hit the redline... felt like i was hitting a wall.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
In first gear your RPMs will lag behind by about 500 RPM, but if the RPMs still increase that definitely sounds like a cat. Warranty it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 bad the person before me chopped off the muffeler now i have to look for a dp( hopefully aftermarket) . i mise well go for a full exhaust now hugh :) ( i am definatly trying to get a full exhaust if u know anyone with a cheep 1)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts