Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I'm driving around the car, it will just loss all power and basically go into a sort of limp mode. When at a full stop it idles really rough. I just pull into random parking lots and just kill the engine, let it sit for like 5 minute and start it and boom back to normal. It also throws the SC sensor and MAF sensor codes afterward. All the car has is a K&N cold air intake. Had to replace the rudder coupler bc the original one killed itself somehow.

·
Registered
929 Posts
First things first, take off the crappy K&N that's smaller than stock and oils the MAF down. Find a stock intake, put the stocker back on.

Then clean the MAF and TB. Scan for codes and report back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Clean the throttle body with microfiber rag. Remove the ram air should be a shutter inside the supercharger clean all that out with two fingers until the rag comes out clean top and bottom reassemble and see how that works before getting to crazy with replacing anything

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First things first, take off the crappy K&N that's smaller than stock and oils the MAF down. Find a stock intake, put the stocker back on.

I would do that but I bought the car with the K&N intake

·
Registered
929 Posts
Buy a stocker, remove K&N and sell it.

The stock intake will support more power than you'll ever make on the M62 supercharger, and it won't create problems.

Sorry the previous owner didn't do their research.

An alternative would be to buy the appropriate size dri-flow filter and replace the crappy K&N filter. Don't forget to buy a filter sock and put it over the filter since it's in the fenderwell.

The K&N will still be inferior due to the smaller diameter metal tubing that gets heat soaked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The stock intake will support more power than you'll ever make on the M62 supercharger, and it won't create problems.

An alternative would be to buy the appropriate size dri-flow filter and replace the crappy K&N filter. Don't forget to buy a filter sock and put it over the filter since it's in the fenderwell.

The K&N will still be inferior due to the smaller diameter metal tubing that gets heat soaked.
I'll try putting a paper filter on it and see how she likes it. RN I just had to buy a new K&N CAI bc the previous owner didn't secure it right and it got ran over. Probably should've bought the stock one if I knew this was gonna give me this much trouble. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I'll try putting a paper filter on it and see how she likes it. RN I just had to buy a new K&N CAI bc the previous owner didn't secure it right and it got ran over. Probably should've bought the stock one if I knew this was gonna give me this much trouble. Thanks for the help.
By rn I mean a week and a half ago

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Never had a problem with my typhoon after I junked the k&n and put a no oil spectra on. They make great sound.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clean the throttle body with microfiber rag. Remove the ram air should be a shutter inside the supercharger clean all that out with two fingers until the rag comes out clean top and bottom reassemble and see how that works before getting to crazy with replacing anything
Never had a problem with my typhoon after I junked the k&n and put a no oil spectra on. They make great sound.
I cleaned the throttle body, the thing was filthy af. I also replaced the filter with a dry-flow cone filter. Rn I'm not in a good area to test if it'll do it again, but here's to hoping it won't do it again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Replaced the filter with a dry-flow and I'm planning to wrap the top half of the intake in some high temp resistant tape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Most likely found the problem. Went to replace the spark plugs and found surface rust in the 4th chamber. Coil pack was most likely damaged due to the water that was in there. The previous owner really did a number to this car smh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts