Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car spent most of last week in the shop. It had the recall work done, the cam position sensor work done and then of all things, they said I had bad gas in the tank, which my dealer was nice enough to drain for me. They said I would still notice a miss maybe here and there as what might be left in the tank ran through. Okay. So now I am on my second tank in just a few days, trying to run through all the bad that was left in the tank. But...

When I get on it, I get a burp. It happens in second gear just before 4krpm and in third gear just before five thousand. It feels as though there is a miss in the motor still, but it happens every time at the same rpm. Because of that, I don't think it is due to the bad gas. It feels like the spark is just killed for a split second.

Also, which side is the fuel pickup on in these cars? I get a miss still when I turn left and get on it. Thanks again, Kirt

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Mine stutters hard when I shift low in the power band. If I shift 1-2 and say te 2nd gear drops to 2000-3000 it feels like the car turned off then takes a second and the power comes back. Same with 2-3 and 3-4 is at 3000.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish it was just that, but this is an actual bump. It feels just like it misses a cylinder. And it happens higher in the power band. I mis spoke in the post, it happens at four thousand in third and five thousand in second. So it is well after the shift, and well into the gear by the time it does it. Guess i am going run one more tank through it, and if the problem is still there, I'll take it back again and see if they can iron things out.

Some have said that the cam position sesor itself can act up and that was people at the dealer saying that. Something about if it wasn't installed properly. Not sure what they are talking about there though. Still goes like a bat out of hell though.

Also wondering if the rich running I had before the recall has affected anything else at this point. Exhaust can sound "funny" on occasion.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I feel that too. I thought it was just me. When your really on it you can feel it bump. I know man Im going to saturn to get this shit finalized.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, when I get on it is when i feel it most. I really dont feel it when I go through at about half throttle. It may still be doing it, but not as noticeable because the accelration is not there to be interupted.

I just hope they don't try and pin this on bad gas also. After two full tanks and a bottle of fuel systen cleaner, the bad gas issue should be at rest.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have the same problem then. I use 2-3 tanks of gas a week and I have had this Hiccup for a few months now. I saw an improvment after the cam recall but its like the computer decided it was too good and went back?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, someone else said they felt it also, but that was the surge the power would give around 4k before the reflash.

Two to three tanks a week?! I hate using one tank a week driving to and from work!

·
Registered
437 Posts
goofyguy said:
I have the same problem then. I use 2-3 tanks of gas a week and I have had this Hiccup for a few months now. I saw an improvment after the cam recall but its like the computer decided it was too good and went back?
WOW man thats a sh** load of gas..ouch man that must put a dent in your gas bill...i don't think my friends 300C Hemi even uses that much gas.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I bet he uses plenty of gas. I just drive a lot.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think that issue is the bucking bronco issue that many of us have had concerns about for such a long time. I've taken my car in since I took delivery of it for about 7 times, I can't get the dealer to "duplicate the problem" so next time I go I'm driving with the tech in the car. If he says he doesn't notice anything maybe I'll test the passenger side airbags........

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've noticed both the bucking when at shifting when it's cold (crank walking, maybe?) where it takes a second to get going if I just start it & go after only a minute of warming it up, as well as the little hiccup, but the hiccup has only happened once, I was blasting down a back road in 2nd and at about 5500 rpm it just sort of burped and then came on even harder . . . it was wierd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts