Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Katie's car lowered today using Progress Technology lowering springs. The rear dropped about 1 1/2 inches, and we're gonna measure the front in a few days after everything settles. It looks absolutely perfect now.

Good stuff. Pics coming soon, I'm sure.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Cool. Can't wait to see the pics.

Where did you purchase them from? Did they slap right on or was there a bit of "custom" work involved?

Lowering is next on my list and I was gonna get the Sprints. I'll wait to see you guys' pics and if you don't mind, give a review of how the car feels post installation.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea i have been looking around at different lowering methods and was not sure what i was gonna go with yet pics would be great

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here's my question....I installed S/T springs and the car sits fine, but the spring rate actually feels lower than stock, not as stiff. I want some BEEFY springs on this thing - anyone have any ideas, other than $1500 coilovers, that still come with wimpy spring rates??

I want 500-600 front, 300-400 rear rates, for reference.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Here's my question....I installed S/T springs and the car sits fine, but the spring rate actually feels lower than stock, not as stiff. I want some BEEFY springs on this thing - anyone have any ideas, other than $1500 coilovers, that still come with wimpy spring rates??

That's why I'm afraid to touch the springs on here unitl I can get good info on the stock springs, and aftermarket springs. I gotta know the rates of both, and if they're both progressive, etc. I wish it was a little easier to find that. I've come up with nothing so far.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
You don't want 300-400 in the rear with that solid rear axle. It has something like a 1.1:1 ratio because the spring is behind the actual wheel center, so if you put a 400lb spring on, you'll get a 440lb wheel rate, which is brutal. I want to try 350f/225-250r, if/when they ever become available. And I want to use that in SCCA STX class autocrossing.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sp00ner said:
That's why I'm afraid to touch the springs on here unitl I can get good info on the stock springs, and aftermarket springs. I gotta know the rates of both, and if they're both progressive, etc. I wish it was a little easier to find that. I've come up with nothing so far.
Same here, I hope there are some springs that come out designed for the Red Line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts