Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just bought my Blue ION RL last week. Some of you might find this hard to believe, but I actually traded in my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe 6MT for the ION. I'm happy to say that the acceleration is nearly the same, although more harsh than the G35. I really loved the G, but I couldn’t drive it anywhere unless it was a joy ride. I couldn’t stand to think of the car getting dinged or vandalized if I parked it in a parking lot. So, basically, it was driving me insane, and I had to get a car that nearly matched the power but I didn’t have to worry about. This car does the trick for sure because, so far, I have been able to park in public parking lots without worrying about it a single bit.

I do have a couple of questions though for those of you who have been able to drive it for a while. I notice what seems to be a strange constant noise when the car is not accelerating that seems to be coming from the front (sort of a tin sound), but when I press on the gas, it disappears. Also, occasionally I swear that I hear a small backfire type sound from the rear sometimes when I downshift. Are these sounds normal? This is my first supercharged car, so I don’t know if it has something to do with that. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Not sure if its normal or not. But I have put 5000 miles on the car and no problems. The only problem so far was had to have the MAS replaced at about 1500 miles.

Shawn

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shawn, I figured it was normal, but I was so used to driving a sprots luxury that I forgot about the sounds you have to deal with in a car that isn't as insulated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I get the same noise and I think it's attributed to the clutch. My clutch rattles pretty good in the morning when it's colder as well.

You guys manage to change your oil yet or did you have someone do it? It appears to be a pain in the ass to get the filter in there. Removing an SC is pretty easy. I have done it countless time on my Grand Prix. Just wondering of you guys did the oil change with out removing it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have 400 miles, so the oil hasn't been changed yet, but I intend on doing ot at 1000 miles after the break-in.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Howsitgoing said:
I get the same noise and I think it's attributed to the clutch. My clutch rattles pretty good in the morning when it's colder as well.

You guys manage to change your oil yet or did you have someone do it? It appears to be a pain in the ass to get the filter in there. Removing an SC is pretty easy. I have done it countless time on my Grand Prix. Just wondering of you guys did the oil change with out removing it?
I have talked to a few techs and you can get to it without removing the s/c. From what they told me you just have to reach under the s/c, I'm sure the more time you do it the easier it will get...

Tom

·
Registered
244 Posts
LOL, you don't have to take the S/C off. My techs can do it just as fast as any other car. You have to remove the Vacuum lines to get in there. Really no big deal at all. Anymore info let me know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
LOL, you don't have to take the S/C off
I was able to get the 1 1/4" socket on the cap and will use an 8" extension to slide down behind the bypass valve.

I have talked to a few techs and you can get to it without removing the s/c. From what they told me you just have to reach under the s/c, I'm sure the more time you do it the easier it will get...
I did the same thing..the techs here agreed. The trech from Casli told me the trash about the SC removal! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts