·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys where are we at here?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
its all a 100% go, we currently have the pulleys getting machined the rest of the kit is ready to go. we would prefer to have to do some local cars to completey verify the tune but its looking great. we are also looking into qualified installers to install the kits in various geographical areas!

since Mikes fiance got a redline we have an inhouse stock car to do comparison testing against. on a side note we are also working on some other projects this coming week including the twincharger kit :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shaneathan said:
Lest I be banned by the powers that be, I politely also petition the honorable psi-fi gentlemen to provide us with a status on the aforementioned modifications to our vehicular products.
thems is fancy talk for let us have it already damn it. Twin charge is how far away? Ill hold out if you say before June but I want details NOW?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
By qualified installers do you mean be a certified mechanic? Cause I have done engine swaps myself, changed timing belts, heads, intake manifolds, and some other things.
Anyways im in NE Ohio, and my uncle is a certified mechanic and owns his own shop maybe I can work something out with him. He lets me use his lifts for free :) And if you do installs what the profit in doing it. I know there are people in Western PA that own Redlines. The shop is off 422 in Ohio about 10min from the PA border. If anyone has heard of Youngstown I live right next to Y-town.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By this time next month it should be on our car in FULL EFFECT :)

so twincharge by next month. Can I send the money now to get the first batch? And are you using the stock pulley for the Twin kit? Cmon you cant keep me in the dark. Im very needy and insecure.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
korax123 said:
By qualified installers do you mean be a certified mechanic? Cause I have done engine swaps myself, changed timing belts, heads, intake manifolds, and some other things.
Anyways im in NE Ohio, and my uncle is a certified mechanic and owns his own shop maybe I can work something out with him. He lets me use his lifts for free :) And if you do installs what the profit in doing it. I know there are people in Western PA that own Redlines. The shop is off 422 in Ohio about 10min from the PA border. If anyone has heard of Youngstown I live right next to Y-town.

the installer will need to purchase a pulley removal/install tool(about $135) and have electrical soldering skills to install the powerpaq as well as have an obd scanner. other than that its a pretty basic install. We are hoping that some of the enthusiasts on this site get confident enough to be able to install these for other local customers, im sure there is $ in installing these as well as if they purchase in small/large quantities they will recieve vendor discounts!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
goofyguy said:
so twincharge by next month. Can I send the money now to get the first batch? And are you using the stock pulley for the Twin kit? Cmon you cant keep me in the dark. Im very needy and insecure.
that hasnt been determined but id like to see the SC push out about 7.5-8 psi boost in the twincharger application, and have the turbo do the rest. No $ till we get a 100% working prototype, but yes you can be the 1st if you want to be :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YESSS I wanna be Ill blow my car up and buy new if I have too. why a lower boost from the charger though there is no power loss once your taking the pressure off the supercharger you can make the wastegate for the supercharger open up once the turbo makes its power to take over. and did I mention I will send you the money now?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The funny thing is a lot of the cars he gets have electrical problems cause he has been a mechanic for atleast 25years now so he gets all the headache jobs lol. He has an OBD scanner as well,he can solder, the only thing is im not sure if he has a pully pooler or not. If i had money to buy the kit i would and then help out other poeple around here if they want it installed but I don't have the money to waste on it right now. But if anyone around here buys it I can help install it.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
goofyguy said:
YESSS I wanna be Ill blow my car up and buy new if I have too. why a lower boost from the charger though there is no power loss once your taking the pressure off the supercharger you can make the wastegate for the supercharger open up once the turbo makes its power to take over. and did I mention I will send you the money now?
nope u keep the wastegate closed so the boost compounds, ultimately you want the supercharger to spool the turbo up so the power is seamless(like a BIG block) as long as their is a mechanical connection(pulley) there will always be some parasitc loss.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
korax123 said:
The funny thing is a lot of the cars he gets have electrical problems cause he has been a mechanic for atleast 25years now so he gets all the headache jobs lol. He has an OBD scanner as well,he can solder, the only thing is im not sure if he has a pully pooler or not. If i had money to buy the kit i would and then help out other poeple around here if they want it installed but I don't have the money to waste on it right now. But if anyone around here buys it I can help install it.
we will either be selliing a pulley tool or telling you where to rent or buy one! cost is about $135 or so, which will pay itself off very quickly if your doing installs!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so need details on turbo setup. I see your date for sale or close to it but intercooler and so on? If you would PM me or post here. Im not going to go to far over the edge if you have something better to power my ride.

·
Registered
289 Posts
its all a 100% go, we currently have the pulleys getting machined the rest of the kit is ready to go. we would prefer to have to do some local cars to completey verify the tune but its looking great. we are also looking into qualified installers to install the kits in various geographical areas!

since Mikes fiance got a redline we have an inhouse stock car to do comparison testing against. on a side note we are also working on some other projects this coming week including the twincharger kit :D
I don't know how to say this, but I think I just came! :eek: Just joking! I cannot wait for some really bitchin' upgrades. Keep up the good work guys!

·
Registered
289 Posts
goofyguy said:
Goofy...You crack me up! Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, I need, I need!
:D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been reading and reading but no seeing. Well I wanna see. Im hoping 350hp before summer. I have cams in the mail. Hell some didnt even know anyone made them, hopefully a turbo kit before the end of May, full exhaust, test pipe, and some more goodies that I have made myself.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yo mark can u give me a price guess on the Boost Kit, like a +/- 100 range or something i dont care i need a guess

o an on a second note i know how to solder very well, and know a fair amount about cars and working on cars and after i give this install a look over i would consider installing on peoples cars, GA and even some in Western NY when i am home on leave. Need some tools down here but nothing i can not buy or borrow

i dont really expect anyone to want a 19 year old to work on there car tho with something of this magnitude tho, but the offer is there

1 - 20 of 89 Posts