Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
psi fi - alky injection

After noticing psi fi power puck on thier web site I may have to change my mind on running the psi fi kit (when it becomes available). When inquiring about alky controller compatability (not bugging about redline specificaly) he volunteered info at present. (man I wish I could figure out the spell check on posts)

I just talked to someone there about alky injection and it so happens that thier piggyback has a pwm controller for alky. this is way cool cause everything will be controlled in one box so tunning will be easier and you dont have to buy anything extra (except pump and such). Or Dvldoc's kit which does this already and doesnt need anything extra (has a pwm controller)

This is making me regret saying I was not going to buy thier kit. Especially since I have a Coolingmist kit already. Hopefully they work out the bugs soon. It definatly sounds like they are doing thier homework over there.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
yes the powerpaq has a PWM controller and we use the aquamist High speed valve to custom tune the water alcohol injection maps(rate and volume) we have done both pre throttle body jets as well as direct port systems on several different types of turbocharged vehicles. on our base water/alky kits we use the powerpaq to simply turn the w/a injection on via our 3d map(rpm/boost/tps) on the more advanced high speed valve(pwm) map we totally tune the water injection curve like we would a fuel map.

·
Registered
493 Posts
yes the powerpaq has a PWM controller and we use the aquamist High speed valve to custom tune the water alcohol injection maps(rate and volume) we have done both pre throttle body jets as well as direct port systems on several different types of turbocharged vehicles. on our base water/alky kits we use the powerpaq to simply turn the w/a injection on via our 3d map(rpm/boost/tps) on the more advanced high speed valve(pwm) map we totally tune the water injection curve like we would a fuel map.
Will you guys be offering the w/a injection and tuning as an option to go along with your kit? Cause that would seriously kick ass! I know i'd definitely buy it. :D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Holy lame Office Space reference, BUT:

Don't forget to put a cover sheet on your TPS reports.

I'm sorry. It was pathetic. I'm going away now.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
RedLined said:
Will you guys be offering the w/a injection and tuning as an option to go along with your kit? Cause that would seriously kick ass! I know i'd definitely buy it. :D

thats in the plans, depending on what wires we wind up using the powerpaq will likely come pretuned for water injection whereas you will need to wire the pump and relay etc in.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
thats in the plans, depending on what wires we wind up using the powerpaq will likely come pretuned for water injection whereas you will need to wire the pump and relay etc in.
so theoretically we should be able to just replace the controller from our current kit and use the setup we've got in conjuction with the Powerpaq included in the kit (given it is pretuned)?

that would be more than cool, and even more reason i'm dying to get my hands on your kit...

edit: is it also likely that running alky injection with your kit will cause it to start to throw codes again (reason why it's not out yet)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.