Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is going on, Anything new on the Front like Pulley upgades, electronic boost controlers, Intake systems, Superchager Overhauls?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea guys u got me hopeing that something will come out soon i want to make my car faster b4 drag season starts or really gets going so any updates will be helpful

·
Registered
674 Posts
goofyguy said:
what is going on, Anything new on the Front like Pulley upgades, electronic boost controlers, Intake systems, Superchager Overhauls?
You read my mind goofyguy.... :D

Anything new guy's?

On a side note I have a boost controller that works. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I like to see some mods coming. I read in a mag the other day how they took a wrx and had a boost control in the line going to the waste gate and got 3 more pounds of boost and 25 horsepower at the wheels. And if you looked at it was nothing more than this little valve that you could adjust. Price was only 148 dollars and was the biggest mod you could do for the money. They said all what it did was regular the pressure so you don't get a spike boost. Now I've been reading the vaccum mod you guys got on here and I think some of you's are close. I'm thinking we should see this soon for our cars because it's very closely related.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i just want to know if they've gotten to break anything yet!

although having some upgrades wouldn't hurt ;)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh do you. And why dont you elighten us all.

·
Registered
674 Posts
goofyguy said:
Oh do you. And why dont you elighten us all.
Gladly :D It is an older boost controller that is not made any more but there is another version that is available on the market. You simply plug the controller I have in line of the weather tight plug and the boost solenoid. When you want to have adjustable boost you just flip the switch, bypassing the ECM control of the solenoid and adjust the desired level on the controller with the rotary knob. Now this WILL NOT raise boost above where it is with the stock pulley but I am looking at a smaller pulley along with alky injection for a little oomph from the car. When there is a pulley available (if there is and the blower is not maxed as people have been saying) I will be able to leave ECM control on for stock boost (this is assuming as well that the by-pass valve will be able to flow enough to keep boost regulated at stock level's with a larger pulley) and switch over to the boost controller for above or below stock boost level's. I still have some ideas that I am looking into as well if I can ever get my car out of the service department :mad:

Here is some pics of the controller I have.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id like to see that installed if ya dont mind.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I spent about $10 on my boost controller

I spent about $10 on my boost controller I use a small microswitch, relay and a small switch which can bypass its fuction. At full Throttle the switch activates the relay turn the bypass solenoid off and allows max boost. Very simple yet I keep my gas milage

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
It only works at full throttle. So most of the time its only used at 1 and 2

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I don't ever spin through second at all. First will spin, but once I hook up I get a chirp out of second only and then I'm gone.

·
Registered
674 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
I spent about $10 on my boost controller I use a small microswitch, relay and a small switch which can bypass its fuction. At full Throttle the switch activates the relay turn the bypass solenoid off and allows max boost. Very simple yet I keep my gas milage
What switch are you using to activate this relay at full throttle and where is it mounted? I would assume it is on the gas peddle.

Also, shutting the solenoid off opens it allowing boost to pass through to the actuator dropping the boost down. Atleast that is what I have found is the case with my car.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm still working on getting outta first smooth let alone launch hahahahaha :) not really but it sounded good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts