Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, what's crackin'? I only have about a month left of my AIT training before I get out, and right now the number one car on my list is the Saturn Ion Redline. After Graduation (from Basic Training) me and my family went and looked at cars. I'm an import man myself, but my dad convinced me to go look at Saturn (he had heard a good word from a friend). I finally gave in, and we took the RL for a spin. I wasn't actually able to drive, but I really like the car, and the price. Apparently, there's no aftermarket yet, but hopefully soon there will be. Does anyone have any warning or things I should be aware of before I buy this car? Another thing, I haven't seen any of these w/ aftermarket rims on 'em. I was thinking about putting black rims (on either the blue, or silver model) and limo tinting the windows. I was hoping Volk or Racing Hart has something that will fit. Anyways, just wanted to say hey, and I'm looking forward to becoming part of the Saturn family.

PVT J.C. Gage
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
buy now

You should get one soon because they are offering 3000 cash back till Oct. I own a silver redline Ion and it is a great car. It is pretty quick but is not the fastest car in its class, but it's american. I am sure with time some people will have these cars putting out 300 hp. Good luck. GREG

·
Registered
617 Posts
Def. take advantage of the $3000 rebate. A car for near $17k that has 200whp is a great deal. I'm sure aftermarket parts will be available in the future. Saturn Motorsports is already talking about an engine upgrade that will put us up to 270-290hp. No details yet on what exactly it consist of. As for wheels... we have an odd bolt pattern ( 5x110 42mm offset). TSW has a set of rims I've been looking at. Gunmetal with a polished lip. Check them out. Good luck with the purchase.. Only thing I've had wrong with my Red Line so far was a warped Cam-Sensor gasket. It was leaking oil. The dealership took care of it very professionally. Have fun :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you haven't already gotten one chances are you are going to have to wait for the 05's. I talked to my dealership in KC MO and all four of the dealerships have sold out. If you can get your hands on an 04 I would definatley buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts