Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad in Car and Driver for the new Quaker State Q-power oil. It maximizes engine power and horsepower by reducing friction. I'm fixing to go in for an oil change, and I would like to use this oil...if it's ok to use in the RL. So does anyone know if it's ok, or should I stick with the Mobil oil that is shown on the engine? Also, haven't some of yall bought your own oil and taken it to the dealer instead of paying for it there?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'd take Mobil 1 over QuakerState, but most oils are oils... Royal Purple or something like that is getting fancy, but so is Mobil 1. It's not like we have a Ferrari, which get it's own custom oil blend, oddly enough it's a Mobil 1 branded blend, so I'll stick with the Mobil 1.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I hope you guys know that there are about only 4 actual OIL companies in the world (there are some more smaller ones that are very local). Than a company takes it and adds there 'unique' qualities to it. So in actuallity, Mobil 1 and Quaker State MAY be the same oil with different sutal qualities (now I don't know if it is, I am just saying it may be). But I'll be using Mobil 1 or Quaker State depending on which is on sale when I purchase the oil...lol, I am cheap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i use mobile one, but if u do it urself it saves u about $70 and its not that hard. The tech at saturn told me i had to special order a thin socket so i could get the oil filter out. Not true i went to sears and just bought one and was gonna grind it down if needed but it worked fine. Just make sure u dont burn ur hand on the super charger the first time i did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer (Saturn of Warwick, RI) charges about $30 labor to do the oil change. To me it's money well spent. I bring the oil and buy the filter from them. I think they are charging me about 8 or 9 for the filter.

·
Registered
258 Posts
revy05 said:
i use mobile one, but if u do it urself it saves u about $70 and its not that hard. The tech at saturn told me i had to special order a thin socket so i could get the oil filter out. Not true i went to sears and just bought one and was gonna grind it down if needed but it worked fine. Just make sure u dont burn ur hand on the super charger the first time i did.
What was the size or part number for the socket from Sears? :)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
subtle

minimum word count

It never looks right dammit!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts