Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true you can trap the quarter mile in third gear? sweet lord, i'd like to ditch those wheels and get some thirteens on that thing!!! smaller tires = more torque multiplication, right? maybe spend less time down on the bottom of the power band.
tony

·
Registered
609 Posts
Im gettin some L series 15's to help out with that problem, i just need some money and an idea on tires...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
well you will need the ideas real damn soon. Like in 28 days?

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah but you going to have lots of traction problems with those little wheels and tires unless you go with some drag radials/slicks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on, i've got stock 15 inch wheels and a 4 puck clutch. on khumo ecstas at 20 psi tire pressure, i cut a 2.1 sixty foot on a 13.9 second car. just be careful with first gear, fellas.
tony

·
Registered
767 Posts
Just to let you guys know, the smallest wheel we can put on our cars is a 16" because of how big the front rotors/calipers are.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well i was gonna put some bad ass DR's on the 15's, so it would prbobly help out a bit. And yes.... time is getting short for mods.... Basic training here i come!! :D

·
Registered
609 Posts
oh shizzle.... Forgot about the brakes.... Ill have to take the L series 16 inch steelies... Damn... :(

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
macncheese said:
come on, i've got stock 15 inch wheels and a 4 puck clutch. on khumo ecstas at 20 psi tire pressure, i cut a 2.1 sixty foot on a 13.9 second car. just be careful with first gear, fellas.
tony

you talking about the autocross race rubber?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow, is that what they were made for? truly funny. i got them instead of the other tires because they had an AA traction rating!! autocross tires impressing me on the drag strip. tooooo funny.
tony

·
Registered
679 Posts
LOL thats still cool tho what would happen if ya had slicks. prob bttr than 13.9

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, a lot of guys report almost a second drop in the quarter, but i think that's a little much for me. they also had much worse short times to start with, 2.4 and 2.5. a general rule of thumb for fwd is .1s in the short time = .2s in the et, so if i could get the 1.7 that everybody else is getting on slicks, we're talking 13.1 or so.
tony

·
Registered
487 Posts
macncheese said:
wow, is that what they were made for? truly funny. i got them instead of the other tires because they had an AA traction rating!! autocross tires impressing me on the drag strip. tooooo funny.
tony

yeah they are autocross/roadracing tires, if they have liek 3 treads on them. There are 2-3 kind of ecsta, the MX, ASX and 700, ecsta victoracer 710.

I have a set on the way to my house(of the 700's) for this years autocross season

1 - 15 of 15 Posts