Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Obviously on the track only with the intentions of warming the tires up...

What are people finding the ideal way to burn-out in our cars?

I would guess: e-brake, car in 2nd gear, pop clutch at 5/6000 rpm?

Any & all feed back is greatly appriciated... :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
don't burn out on street tires. drive around the burnbox, line up, & go!.

·
Registered
291 Posts
yea my understanding of it is that only if you have racing slicks that are a diffrent compond(k compond maybe i think) which lose gripping power when there cold, is the only time nessacary to warm your tires up

·
Registered
272 Posts
has anyone tried dumping the clutch off the line..last time i went i only let it out at about 3000 fast, but not dropping..im thinking ill try it one or two times next track visit...and does burning out at the track wear your tires bad...becasue your burning out in water , so it shouldnt be that bad..it looks cool when theres smoke :D , but if i am wearing them down fast by doing that i need to know so i can stop.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You are wearing them out fastER....

I have reved and dumped, it's harsh, did it once, don't think I'll try it again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yeah...street tires do not need warming. BUT, if the parking or staging area is a dirt lot, a small burnout to clean the tires isn't a bad idea. Again, avoid the waterbox if possible.
Slicks, or drag radials grip better when warm. That compound tire is meant to be used in burnouts and heat cycling.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
linenoyz said:
A small burnout is a good idea simply to clean off debris from your tires.
Yeah, as long as those tires aren't brand new. Unless you want to wear them out alot quicker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts