Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Not to change ur mind, but u can be member #2 of the cowl hood. All u need is a scoop like mine and mold it to the stock hood and prep it up then paint it.

I bought mine pre prepped already for $150 then paint was $300. Im not to familiar with the hoos scoops tho. Ill bump it for you on that hahahah.

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Both actaully. Air flows right over top and gets sucked back in thur the back side.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well my hood looks like crap right now.... maybe i'll mold on the cowl and be member #2!

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
Well my hood looks like crap right now.... maybe i'll mold on the cowl and be member #2!
Hahaha please do. Its prolie cheaper to mold a cowl then to get a whole new hood with a scoop on it. Plus u dont get water in ur engine bay from those scoops that are open like that.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Did someone make the cowl scoop for you or was it a universal one? i guess i was trying to find a scoop to mold in but didnt come across the cowl scoop. Seems like it fit perfectly with the ion hood thats why i ask.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hahaha please do. Its prolie cheaper to mold a cowl then to get a whole new hood with a scoop on it. Plus u dont get water in ur engine bay from those scoops that are open like that.
So where did you find the cowl to mold on because in all honesty I have all the tools to do it except the cowl so if I can find it pretty cheap I will be all over that!

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
I bought the hood with the cowl scoop on it, so i have no idea. I would guess the guy bout a cowl scoop online that wasnt to big like a muscle type scoop and molded it the RL hood.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I see....... well I will have to see what I can find! I hope I can make it happen and be #2!

·
Registered
175 Posts
So lilhomie about how wide and high is your scoop because I really like the look of it..... oh and how long is it about?

·
BECAUSE RACECAR
7,440 Posts
So lilhomie about how wide and high is your scoop because I really like the look of it..... oh and how long is it about?
Uh to guess without looking i would say its bout 2 ft wide, and like 2inches high at its highest point which is the windshield side then slopes down to get flush with the rest of the hood. And its as long as the hood is so like 4ft or so, but u gotta remember its molded into the hood so it looks 3ft when its molded in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts