Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

question about hood scoop

5K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Cat Ion 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not to change ur mind, but u can be member #2 of the cowl hood. All u need is a scoop like mine and mold it to the stock hood and prep it up then paint it.

I bought mine pre prepped already for $150 then paint was $300. Im not to familiar with the hoos scoops tho. Ill bump it for you on that hahahah.

#11 ·
Hahaha please do. Its prolie cheaper to mold a cowl then to get a whole new hood with a scoop on it. Plus u dont get water in ur engine bay from those scoops that are open like that.

#14 ·
I bought the hood with the cowl scoop on it, so i have no idea. I would guess the guy bout a cowl scoop online that wasnt to big like a muscle type scoop and molded it the RL hood.

#15 ·
I see....... well I will have to see what I can find! I hope I can make it happen and be #2!

#17 ·
So lilhomie about how wide and high is your scoop because I really like the look of it..... oh and how long is it about?

#19 ·
Uh to guess without looking i would say its bout 2 ft wide, and like 2inches high at its highest point which is the windshield side then slopes down to get flush with the rest of the hood. And its as long as the hood is so like 4ft or so, but u gotta remember its molded into the hood so it looks 3ft when its molded in.

#21 ·
Yah mine is steel too. i wondered why the hood weigh more lol. I need to get hood struts for my hood and mount them to the sides somehow, anybody ever do that yet?

#23 ·
Uh yah espsecially when u have a heavy ass hood and ur prop rod sqeaks when ur cars moves and the hoods up. I had to put foam on the end of the rod so it wouldnt sqeak anymore.

#25 ·
Or just get ones off a different car and make special taps to mount them. I worked at toyota and we replaced the rear trunk struts on the scion TC's when they got the factory wings on cuz it made them heavier so they got upgraded struts so we could keep the stock old struts.

But with heavier hoods, in my case, i would need heavy duty struts.

#26 ·
I can assure you that the Redline Tuning struts will most easily pick your hood up. I have them as well. Easy to install with a rivet gun and a drill with sheetmetal drill bits. I had them installed in half an hour.

#32 ·
That's why you use metal and not general purpose or wood bits. Those are the most common bits, so they are the most commonly used. I spent a few extra dollars for some basic metal bits and they cut the metal clean and quick.

#29 ·
Hahahaha yah that would be bad to ruin my hood. I just washed my car yesterday and the damn pollen already is covering the car. Shit sucks here.

#31 ·
Our customers complain bout there cars being dirty even when there washed. Were like actually its just the pollen, dont worry we washed ur car. We also have cotton flying around all over cant even drive with the windows down w/o getting a little piece in the car. Fun shit to burn tho!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.