Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know GM did not figure this out overnite so when was ECU update put on new redlines and how do you know if your car has it?Maybe the mods could get someone from saturn to answer our questions kinda like a fact sheet.Oh yeah would this be a recall item?

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you have an '04 or an early '05 model, your car most likely does not have the upgrade...

Tom

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's not a reacall. I got my '05 at the end of January and they did the update on it. I'm not really sure that I needed it, I don't think they were either, but it made the car feel different. So I'm assuming that my car was affected, since they seem to have just got the update distributed recently I would assume that most cars still would need it. It dosen't seem like dealers are going out and running the updates on all the Redlines in the lot yet.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
They are only doing it for cars with the "bucking syndrome" and cold start troubles.

At least, that's what my dealer told me. They said they wouldn't just do it for me if I brought the car in. There has to be a related problem yadda yadda yadda.

Luckily, my bud on here (Austin) has a brother who works as a tech at another nearby Satty dealer and said he could get them to do it for me, no questions asked.

That reminds me...I need to give him a call. All this ranting and raving about the upgrade makes me anxious to get it done.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah just like sp00ner said is not a recall even though I think if Saturn knows this makes the RL run a lot better they should issue some kind or recall or something of the like, it makes that much difference. after getting it done on my 04 RL yesterday you can definetely tell the diference right away. I don't know if this increases hp at all but like I said on some other ECU posting who cares your car will feel faster and in my case I think it is faster with power thoughout the rev range on all gears with no 2nd gear lag like I had before.

·
Registered
138 Posts
can u give me some problems i can take to them so they will do it for mine also?? u said cold start trouble...what else can i lie about to get this ecu upgrade

·
Registered
762 Posts
There is another thread on hear about this same topic and I gave a description of what I said and I got the upgrade, I WANNA KNOW if anyone else gets this upgrade and starts getting SES lights and the code being running to lean. The saturn tech thinks that my cars O2 sensor is bad

·
Registered
355 Posts
Steviepc7 said:
can u give me some problems i can take to them so they will do it for mine also?? u said cold start trouble...what else can i lie about to get this ecu upgrade
Mine was getting really poor gas mileage. Also ruff idle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
D3XXFR said:
There is another thread on hear about this same topic and I gave a description of what I said and I got the upgrade, I WANNA KNOW if anyone else gets this upgrade and starts getting SES lights and the code being running to lean. The saturn tech thinks that my cars O2 sensor is bad
My SES light came on one time while I was driving. Car seemed to run fine with no problems. After I turned the car off and let it sit for awhile, turned it back on and it wasn't on any more. I took it to the dealer to see what code it threw and they said it didn't store one at all.(weird) It hasn't been back on since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts