Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, heres what I did. The boost bypass valve I toyed around with. First I took the two screws that hold it to the supercharger loose and pushed the valve down as far as I could. Then I went and took an alen wrench and backed the middle screw out till it was flush with the holder. This seems to have increased the boost (or at least the RPM the boost kicks in) by a considerable amount. I guess my question is: is this a safe mod to do? Also those of you who put colder range spark plugs in your RL what brand and number did you use also how many heat ranges colder did you go?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I have no idea... do you have a gauge or anything? Otherwise you're relying on the ass-dyno, and it's not always great. Getting more boost out of the blower is hard, since it's spinning at a given speed, and pumping a given amount of air at that speed. You might be able to squeeze a pound or so out of it. The only REAL TRUE way to make decent additional boost, is to spin it faster.

Clownhair's mod was so he could follow it up with a smaller pulley, not just to get more boost out of what he had. He did have it hitting 13+, but said he felt minor, if any, real difference in speed.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Since this is a questions forum... is the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake system the most recommended for an '05 Redline?? I've entered my model into different sites and thats what comes up for an intake that matches my modell, any suggestions??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.