Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I like them. Can't wait to put them on and not have that annoying wobble anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno, I never looked into powerslots. They were $190 shipped with pads though. They're the premium line.

To be honest, I think they use centric blanks. I dunno though.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The little holes get painted black, and so they won't get any ugly surface rust. Plus they stand out a little more. The paint on the face comes right off after a few stops, leaving the black painted holes looking nice.

So in short, purely for looks/nothing.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yea, I've seen that on a couple cars before....always thought it looked good, what type of paint did you use?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well he basically did what EBC brakes do. My GD series rotors came all covered in a black coating. You brake for the first time and all that will come off is where the pads rub. Very sexy rotors, but the advantage compared to these R1's is they aren't drilled, their dimples so there is no structural integrity loss. Four diagonals of 4 dimples a total of 3 times seperated by a total of 3 beefy slots. Put Red Stuff ceramic pads and be prepared to stop in an instant :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well he basically did what EBC brakes do. My GD series rotors came all covered in a black coating. You brake for the first time and all that will come off is where the pads rub. Very sexy rotors, but the advantage compared to these R1's is they aren't drilled, their dimples so there is no structural integrity loss. Four diagonals of 4 dimples a total of 3 times seperated by a total of 3 beefy slots. Put Red Stuff ceramic pads and be prepared to stop in an instant :D
I considered the dimpled rotors, R1 can make them in any style you want. But I got to thinking, the dimples do nothing at all except look like drilled rotors. You might get some small cleaning from it, but not good like you would from a slotted. And since they're not drilled all the way through, you can't even hope for any cooling from them. So I decided to just go ahead and go with the fully drilled rotors, I don't track the car every weekend,so I think they'll be alright. I stepped up the metal quality on the rotor just to be on the safe side.

I must say, between the Nitto tires and these new rotors, stopping is a no fuss ordeal. You can just stomp it and you're stopped. I'm quiet happy with their performance. And the best part is that I don't feel the pulsing coming to a stop anymore.

I just used some cheap high heat paint on it from rustoleum. Was only a few bucks at wally world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey the Rotors Look Great , Just Picked up a Vue RL / Black 04 , the Wifes Parents got it as a Pep Vehicle for her but we let them drive it for 5 years and bought it on the cheap end . 7,500 and only 64K miles on it . I am looking to do some mods on it and will appreciate any and all Ideas . Factory Moon 18" Brigestones 1/2 the price of the stock Tires went with the same size just a different compound . I am looking for a Chrome kit for the Intake area on the Front Bumper ( it has the Screen) I was thinking of taping and painting if nothing is available . Gonna trick it out for the wife and I would love some Pics of what has been done . thanks DJ-B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts