Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....AND WON! :D

i know they're a bit slower than the hardtops, but it had some work done to it and i barely beat him.

i misshifted into second and lost alot of traction, as did he.......and had him by the end of 3rd gear.

he said that he would have had me but he shut down early cuz he was so far ahead......which is kinda funny cuz when he "shut down" he just gradually eased behind me......lol, kinda funny.

anyway, we can beat some gt's ppl!! haha.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Convertible GTs are usually pretty slow, depending on the year. Redlines are hitting 14.6 in the 1/4, which is enough to beat bone stock Fox body and 93-98 SN-95 Mustangs.

How'd you miss-shift into 2nd, though? :confused:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, it defniitely wasnt 3-2, i havent done that......the dumbest thing ive done is try to start in 3rd, thats dumb.

what happened was i just let the clutch back in too far before i had it securely into 2nd gear, thats all.

didnt really affect the race tho, cuz i still won.......and dont forget, this was a modded softtop.

i was amazed :eek:

·
Registered
293 Posts
The hard thing about street racing is that it's often difficult to see/hear exactly when someone does start running and then letting off. If did stay in it and you still won, then good kill to ya.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i always like to race twice, to be sure....

....but he turned off right afterwards, and by coincidence he went up to my friends and started bitching about the punk kid in the saturn.

after he left i went back to my friends and the girl that was in his car even told us that i had won.

who knows, ill count it as a kill cuz why would he let off if he wasnt gaining on me?

u know?

thanks for the props man, i still have alot to learn about racing tho.

·
Registered
293 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
well i always like to race twice, to be sure....

....but he turned off right afterwards, and by coincidence he went up to my friends and started bitching about the punk kid in the saturn.

after he left i went back to my friends and the girl that was in his car even told us that i had won.

who knows, ill count it as a kill cuz why would he let off if he wasnt gaining on me?

u know?

thanks for the props man, i still have alot to learn about racing tho.
Just stay safe as you learn. :) I know it's fun to just romp around on the streets, but if you really wanna practice, take it to a Test & Tune night at your nearest drag strip. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
linenoyz said:
Just stay safe as you learn. :) I know it's fun to just romp around on the streets, but if you really wanna practice, take it to a Test & Tune night at your nearest drag strip. Good luck. :)
yeah its hard to resist on the street but best bet is test and tunes. Now u didnt say what year or if it was auto or not. If it was a 94-98 auto convert then i wouldnt doubt it. Or maybe even a 99 or newer auto vert but even a 99 or newer vert 5 speed should be really close. I am impressed by these little saturns and maybe one day have one. I tried but i cant pull it off yet and plus i love my stangs. One thing tho..none of them will ever sound as good as a v8 stang or v8 camaro!!!! I know a fast little sleeper is cool and u could prolly beat me but whos gonna sound more intimadating at the line?? lol...and lots of girls i know LOVE stangs and camaros..thats what matters the most!!! lol...good kill tho. :p

·
Registered
595 Posts
Now dont go thinking since u beat one u cant beat all like some ricers think. U might line up with a normal GT vert again and get wasted.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh i wont even try a hardtop gt, there's no hope in that.

it was a newer model, in the 00's, and i have no clue if it was auto or manual....im thinking manual but not sure.

and when i say i have alot to learn, i mean on a stick.....cuz ive raced my other autos, but thats nothing.

if i can find some drag strips that are open this late in the year ill go.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah it will be hard to find a track open this late. My track closes at end of October and your just a state over. Hey i wasnt dogging ya, i am just a mustang fan and i know they can be beat!! lol A vert hardtop auto runs like 14.5-14.7 so i wouldnt doubt ud hang with him and if his was a 5 speed and he couldnt drive too well you would then too. Like i said good kill, keep us stangs on our feet!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
You poor souls and your seasonal stuff... ;)

SaturnOfPeoria said:
Just out of curiosity, how many have run 14.6's in their Redline? I have had a hard time finding any posted results.
One of the guys from Saturn of Orlando ran a 14.6 at Orlando Speed World in a stock Redline.

·
Registered
595 Posts
linenoyz said:
You poor souls and your seasonal stuff... ;)

One of the guys from Saturn of Orlando ran a 14.6 at Orlando Speed World in a stock Redline.

Yeah i know i wish it was all season here!!! After tax return i am supposed to get my gears and ill wanna run it right away but ill have to wait a few months!! DOHH

·
Registered
524 Posts
The tracks are just reopening up over here. Once the nights drop into the 40's I think I'll take her to the track. 40's and dry roads, I'm loving it (days are in the 70's, lol)...

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
possibly, but a win is a win, he was pretty damn embarrased and got picked on, alot.
there is no probably about it, i drive a 99+ droptop and would eat a stock rl. Now once someone gets wise and reprograms the rl with a higher rev limiter and stops the boost bleed, it will be a bad little ride

·
Registered
595 Posts
Jackie Chan said:
there is no probably about it, i drive a 99+ droptop and would eat a stock rl. Now once someone gets wise and reprograms the rl with a higher rev limiter and stops the boost bleed, it will be a bad little ride
True but in all honesty you dont have a stock stang and this might have been. If it was a drop top and an auto its very possible. the redline is a sweet little ride and i love to have one as well as my stang. But a win is a win, i beat a ws-6 before cuz the kid who was porlly 16 and driving his daddys car and couldnt drive with shit, this was on the road also tho. Dont get me wrong, i love stangs more! lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts