Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio just died for no apparent reason. The 6-disk changer works fine and the radio has power and is on a valid station but nothing. Any ideas? Did I press something that would sut it off. The display shows the station. I change stations and nothing (and yes I checked the volume).
Weird it seems to of happened for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
that sounds odd, what were u doing at the time that it stoped working, or did u just find out like in the morning when u went into your car. If you were driving something could have came lose in the back and the speakers could be off now. Other than that i really dont know what could have went wrong but that is what warranty's are for.

·
I
7,838 Posts
My radio died on me once, all they did was take out the fuse and let it sit for a few minutes then put it back in. Something about resetting it, if that doesn't work i guess disconnect the neg terminal?

·
Registered
296 Posts
You still have life on your 3yr/36K mile warranty... time for Saturn to make good on it!

·
Registered
754 Posts
geokots said:
My radio just died for no apparent reason. The 6-disk changer works fine and the radio has power and is on a valid station but nothing. Any ideas? Did I press something that would sut it off. The display shows the station. I change stations and nothing (and yes I checked the volume).
Weird it seems to of happened for no apparent reason.

Restart your car that has happened to me before.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It didn't happen while driving. I went to dogpark this morning and everything worked fine. On the way back I started the car and it didn't work.

Well the gremlins just left.
I went to return a couple movies and it still didn't work. When I got back to my car and started it agian... magic, it worked as if there was never a problem.

I have no idea what happened. I've done a couple stop and starts since and it works fine.

Weird... oh well everything is fine now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have heared of people that have that Midas touch... they seem to always have bad luck with machines or electronic devices... have you see a trend with stuff you own? ;) Just kidding...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Car Stereo

cvenom2122 said:
yea i just got a new kenwood cd player man trust me huge difference in music!
I pulled a JVC KV-SX980 (200W w/mp3) out of my old car

My redline has the 6disk changer and I think it sounds pretty good.

Would It be worth it to put the JVC into the Redline?
(if so, does anyone know the mounting kit that is needed)

thanks!!!
-Nate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts