Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,787 Posts
I think that match-up was a little unfair. You could of had a rolling start and might have lost...lol. Nice time though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tlake84 said:
hmm, must be I just cannot hook up... I was trapping 94/95mph as well... what was your 60' time...? I think I was able to manage a 2.6 or something close to that.
I just type up my slip for now, will scan it tommorow

R/t- .218
60ft- 2.141
330- 6.203
1/8-9.486
MPH-74.40
1000-12.340
1/4-14.736
MPH- 94.86



The car had some weird miss during the 3rd gear pull, it lasted just a short moment, and I am confident this would have been 14.6 if not for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tlake84 said:
Thats the same track I goto, I have some vids of me there also... if you want we can go another time, pretty much every wednesday and sunday they have a test and tune!
lets do it mang! I love going to the strip. I need more mods now though. I have money, weres the mods!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
hmmmm.... that race seemed a little one-sided. That other guy must be compensating for something if he has to race Saturns in his 9 second car to feel good about himself. hahaha, j/k. Nice time though. I think that's the lowest 60' time I've seen in the RL to date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
atwilson said:
omfg
i can't believe how freakin fast that other vehicle is,
that's totally insane!

could someone please explain what some of these fothermuckin terms and times are?

r/t (response time?)
trap

what is the purpose of the time breakdowns, 60', 330', 1/8, etc.

curious....
thanks
The time breakdowns are used specifically for chassis, clutch, and tire tuning - 60 foot times are the primary tuning measurement to see if a car is hooking up. They might have good overall time and speed, but with good tuning, can lower their 60 foot times and get a better run.

The other markers are used for the same reason, for instance, 1000 ft and trap speeds are used for gearing decisions.

The response time is the time from when the light changes until your car breaks the front light beam. It's YOUR reaction time, and is usually called "reaction time", not "response time".

Trap speed is measured in the "time trap" at the end of the course and uses an averege speed through a measured distance and awards your speed that accompanies the actual (or factored for elevation) run time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
nice time! seems with that 60' you should have had a higher trap speed. were you wringing out each gear to the fullest? i pulled a 14.901 @ 94.xx with a higher 60' time than you, so i'm sure you can improve somehow to get a better time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vita said:
nice time! seems with that 60' you should have had a higher trap speed. were you wringing out each gear to the fullest? i pulled a 14.901 @ 94.xx with a higher 60' time than you, so i'm sure you can improve somehow to get a better time!
That is my biggest problem with racing this car. The tach lags so bad that I usually either shift to early to avoid the rev limiter or I hit the limiter :mad:
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
clownhair said:
That is my biggest problem with racing this car. The tach lags so bad that I usually either shift to early to avoid the rev limiter or I hit the limiter :mad:
Yup, I have a hard time, when I'm just running hard for the fun of it, I hit the damn limiter 1/2 the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
The time breakdowns are used specifically for chassis, clutch, and tire tuning - 60 foot times are the primary tuning measurement to see if a car is hooking up. They might have good overall time and speed, but with good tuning, can lower their 60 foot times and get a better run.

The other markers are used for the same reason, for instance, 1000 ft and trap speeds are used for gearing decisions.

The response time is the time from when the light changes until your car breaks the front light beam. It's YOUR reaction time, and is usually called "reaction time", not "response time".

Trap speed is measured in the "time trap" at the end of the course and uses an averege speed through a measured distance and awards your speed that accompanies the actual (or factored for elevation) run time.

would there be any correlation between those distances/times/mph, and the gear you would be (or should be) in at that point in the run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
clownhair said:
That is my biggest problem with racing this car. The tach lags so bad that I usually either shift to early to avoid the rev limiter or I hit the limiter :mad:
i had been doing the same thing when i was at the track, was kind of pissing me off. i think i could've done better if the tach was actually acurrate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
atwilson said:
would there be any correlation between those distances/times/mph, and the gear you would be (or should be) in at that point in the run?
Yes, and that's exactly why most tracks print out that info for you - so you can make final drive gear or individual (transmission) gear changes, change ECU settings, run richer or leaner, or tune your clutch.

Most of these things don't apply to folks racing their mostly stock vehicles, but when you're running Super Stock/Super Gas or above, that info is critical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,009 Posts
clownhair said:
That is my biggest problem with racing this car. The tach lags so bad that I usually either shift to early to avoid the rev limiter or I hit the limiter :mad:

would a shift light help to resolve this problem?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top