Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I keep receiving a random misfire. Ive changed my plugs. Ive correctly gapped plugs. I have siemens 60lb injectors. They function just fine. Ive changed valve cover gasket aswell. I only get the code at idle. And it isnt every single time. Only so often. Sometimes the code will clear itself but pop back up. Ive heard things with the bcm going bad…ive heard about these codes randomly popping up to to a poor connection with bcm and or camshaft position sensors. Im just confused. Any ideas?!?

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Kind of hard to say if it's intermittent. Did you torque the plugs correctly? And how did the boots on the coils look?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i have the 2006 ion redline. We specd the plugs correctly aswell and to be honest the coils didnt look to bad but that would be my next go to before spending a couple hundred on 4 new 60lb seimens fuel injectors

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
What size pulley are you running? Kinda wondering if they need to be gapped differently or if you should be running a step colder plug.
While the cars running, which cylinders are misfiring? Or is it all 4?

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
I had to run 2 step colder plugs on my 2.7 60s set up for it to be happy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Random misfire only at idle usually indicates valve sealing issues. Ignition related misfires are usually revealed under load unless it's a dead nuts -broken bad plug or burned out coil. Are you feeling it or just going by code? If any mods have been done, you may have to perform a case relearn for engine profile. You need to look at fuel trims/vacuum readings to help diagnose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts