Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

Rapid clicking

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Zeliphron 
#1 ·
So I'm having an issue with my RL that when I turn the key to on there is a RAPID clicking. This has been an on and off issue for almost a year now, new ignition switch with relearn helped with no power issues but now the rapid clicking persists. There are times I can start and drive for long amounts of time, I had drove it for a month at one point but I got stranded in normal fashion for this particular car. I can get this posted to YouTube tomorrow. The clicking seems to come from the dashboard pwr steer display on the odometer. Any help will be very much appreciated 😁

#4 ·
There was a "how to" write up with pics.. but probably is buried.. I know for sure about one that's near the fuse box over the driver side fender.. I will do some digging this weekend on this forum to see if I can find anything.. also check the terminals on the fuse box in the engine bay..

#5 ·
So I have reseated all relay's and fuses and checked they are all good. I also have reseated the connections to the BCM and ECU. found one ground on the valve cover and the one under the abs, have been unsuccessful in finding any other ground thus far. I have been trying to find that article on the ground but no luck yet. After doing the reseats and the two ground the car ran for a day perfectly fine and today on a very cold day the clicking happened again, the ignition switch has been changed out within the past month and i have ensured the pins are making good contact. If anyone has any other ideas they can throw my way that'd be great :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.