Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Make sure parking brake is released as well if for some reason you applied it and man handled the caliper off. (I've seen it done before) and they can be rather tough to get to budge with age and miles. Like stated above you must rotate the piston while compressing it. The disk brake piston cube you can get at an auto store works well enough on our cars if you needing a cheap option

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
You can also rent the kit to do em at O'Reilly's. I did that the first time before I bought one of the all in one deals

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gents. This is all previously unknown information. I did manhandle the left rear and now the wheel seems locked up. The parking brake cable appears to be in the same position at the caliper but maybe I will pull the lever and release it again?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yessir I did do that. And the tool from O'REILLY'S helped tremendously. Like from hours on the right side, to minutes on the left. Thank you for that advice.

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
You can buy a similar kit from hobo freight for I think it's $40 now. They've gotten high with the prices as everyone else.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ty! Now on to the rear springs. Took the car to Tuffys to see if they could shim the messed up alignment in the rear. Found a broken spring on left side. Could that be why both rear tires are wearing the frick out in 6-8 months or so?? Lol

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Worn springs can play a roll in it. How are the tires wearing? Could have worn hubs. Axle could have shifted some. Or could be the bushings in the rear beam.

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
I doubt the springs would cause it to be that bad. Take a look at the bushings in the rear beam. And def check the bearings

· Super Moderator
1,874 Posts
Yes sir those look like them. I can't think of anything else back there that would cause toe issues, though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts